- 1000 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126, USA
The Regency Hotel is hiring! Be a part of an incredible transformation by applying with us today!
With a distinctive boutique ambiance, the Regency is a leading choice among Miami hotels. Our personalized service, attention to detail, and independent mind set differentiate us from our competitors.
Work with all trade mechanics as required to help with repairs and maintenance. Must have good mechanical ability and be willing to learn and take direction from trade mechanics. Skill in the use of basic hand and electric tools and familiarity with parts and materials is required. This individual must be able to work in hot, cold and wet conditions and be able to stoop, kneel, crawl and climb on all types of surfaces.
Change filters on all supply air fans and fan coil units requiring the ability to grasp hand tools and adjust and maintain equipment.
Clean and paint all mechanical spaces. Must have the visual ability to identify and match colors for painting color coded steam pipes and identifying color coded electrical wires, and the ability to perform duties in confined spaces and awkward positions.
Clean ceiling diffusers, return air registers and toilet exhausts. Must climb ladders or use a lift, occasionally working at heights above 30 feet.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
Clean and wash chilled water and steam coils.
Punch tubes and clean cooling towers.
Add chemicals to treat water and sewage systems.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Specific Job knowledge, skill and ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Basic knowledge of skilled trade activities in plumbing, carpentry, electrical and mechanical work and painting.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
- Skill in the use of a variety of skilled trade tools (including both hand and electric tools).
- Basic communication and mathematical skills in order to communicate with co-workers, fully comprehend job assignments, and perform accurate simple arithmetic functions.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of shift.
- Ability to perform tasks required bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 30 feet for extended periods of time, with the ability to extend arms, oftentimes overhead.
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 75 lbs., waist high.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the functions of the job.
Experience is not essential, however the individual should be mechanically inclined.
Licenses or certificates:
No licenses required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Pay rate for this Job is $12.00
- Personal Days
- Health Care Insurance
- Additional Insurance
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines