Senior Mechanical Engineer (Level III)
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering improves the way people work and live through innovative product design and novel engineering. We are product designers and engineers for the Medical, Industrial, Commercial, and Defense sectors. Experts in robotics, control and embedded systems, DFX, and digital transformation, we are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified. During COVID, we offer a full remote or hybrid work environment that encourages our team to cross-train, pursue inspiring and innovative engineering, and experience a broad depth and breadth of opportunities. Headquartered in Waltham, Boston Engineering was founded in 1995.
We seek innovative, passionate self-starters looking to work in an environment where your curiosity and drive are encouraged and rewarded.
Our projects range from front-end proof of principle developments to evaluate the feasibility of new product requirements, up through the introduction into manufacturing of low, mid, and high volume products. This position requires fluency in all aspects of the new product development process up through introduction into manufacturing, working with small teams, and the ability to take the technical lead on mechanical engineering aspects of the project. Based on the range of mechanical designs conducted at Boston Engineering, breadth across a range of mechanical engineering areas is desired.
Successful candidates must have demonstrated capabilities in the following:
- Proven track record for new product development from requirements through to successful introduction to manufacturing
- Fluency in mechanical design of electro-mechanical products for low, mid, and high volume production
- Team skills with ability to work in small teams on fast-paced projects
- Fluency in manufacturing processes appropriate for product volume expectations
- Experience in the development of, and appropriate techniques for, breadboards, proof of principle units, and prototypes as part of the new product development process.
- Fluency with MCAD tools and RP techniques
- Ability to develop specifications, analyses, and related design documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to support the preparation of proposals, develop estimates in support of sales activities
- Understand & practice job role in our quality management system as trained.
- Minimum of a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and 4-6+ years of product development experience
- Proficient in Creo and/or SolidWorks
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- Experience in product development of products that include software, electrical, and mechanical design
- Demonstrated experience in new product development programs, bringing new products and new technologies successfully to market
- Demonstrated experience in DFM, DFA, and design for cost and reliability
- Experience in prototyping and rapid prototyping techniques
- Experience in product plastic part design, sheet metal and stamping design, and high precision design of electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in motion system design and analysis, motion control, and robotics is a strong plus
- Previous experience in engineering services environment strongly desired
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 desired
- Medical device development experience desired
- Must be a US Persons
- No relocation
This role is restricted to US citizens due to access to export-controlled technology. Boston Engineering will require proof of citizenship.
At Boston Engineering, you can grow in the direction YOU want. Subject matter depth, project management, sales, technical expert, you choose where you want your path to go. Through our mentoring program, hands-on training, and experienced leaders, you can explore what direction is best for you. Your future at Boston Engineering is in your hands!
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.