Thingworx/AR Developer- Digital Transformation
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Boston Engineering, founded in 1995, is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Since 2006 Boston Engineering supplies, supports, and maintains the world's leading product development and product lifecycle maintenance tools from PTC, including Creo (Pro/E), Windchill, and Boston Engineering's companion remote monitoring application, Watchtower. Boston Engineering, founded on delivering high-end product design engineering consulting, has become a natural extension of our customer's product development team. Partnering with customers exposes Boston Engineering to the full breadth of product development tools, infrastructure, and business process challenges. Boston Engineering combines the best of physical product design with digital product design to bring smart connected products to market.
Do you have a passion for connecting the world? Or know someone who might be? We are looking for Thingworx Developers to support our growing Digital Transformation group. We have openings at all levels, from experienced IoT Solution Architects to entry-level IoT developers.
You are joining a growing team with proven success. In 2018 Boston Engineering became a PTC Platinum Solution Partner for the Internet of Things (IoT) ThingWorx, Vuforia Augmented Reality (AR), and Windchill PLM Solutions. Product design organizations partner with Boston Engineering to bring their smart connected products to market.
- Ability to develop IoT solutions for both smart connected products and smart connect operations
- Passionate about web application development using common best practices.
- Experience in leveraging platforms such as PTC ThingWorx, AWS IoT, and Azure IoT
- Full Stack Development experience required
- Experience mining data from multiple sources to create mashups leveraging OData, SQL, Web Services, jQuery, and more
- Interest in AR is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems efficiently
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
This role is restricted to US persons (i.e., US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Boston Engineering will require proof of status prior to employment.
When submitting your application, please answer the two questions below.
- How is PTC ThingWorx different from AWS IoT and Azure IoT?
- What are your goals for the next six and twelve months?
**Your application will not be considered complete without answers to the two questions above and a writing sample.
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefits package, including a matching 401(k) plan in an open and energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.