Accounting Department Assistant - Purchasing
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA, United States
Boston Engineering improves the way people work and live through innovative product design and novel engineering. We are product designers and engineers for the Medical, Industrial, Commercial, and Defense sectors. Experts in robotics, motion, control, and embedded systems, Dfx, and digital transformation, we are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified.
Boston Engineering seeks innovative, passionate self-starters looking to work in an environment where curiosity and drive are encouraged and rewarded.
The Accounting Department Assistant will perform various purchasing functions, including but not limited to purchasing materials, services, and equipment for multiple projects in a product engineering environment. This position is a part-time, office-based position located in Waltham, MA.
- Procure supplies, services, and equipment
- Provide excellent support to all departments and staff concerning purchase requirements
- Secure and analyze quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommend suppliers for cost, quality, and delivery
- Process purchase orders and amendments through the required approval process
- Perform a variety of administrative functions; prepare and update reports, record related documents, and responds to inquiries
- Maintain close relationships with suppliers, take a proactive approach in interfacing with vendors to resolve issues and reduce costs
- Track orders, manage anticipated arrival dates, and verify the quality of items received
- Maintain new and existing vendor files
- Manage and perform the shipping/receiving of materials
- Manage, update, and assist with documentation and audit to meet Government Tracking requirements
- Recommend improvements for efficient storage and retrieval of purchase orders and specifications
- Exceptional systems acumen (Inventory systems and comprehension, general accounting)
- Exceptional time management
- Attention to detail, policy, and procedures
- Accurate data entry and record-keeping
- Excellent follow-through skills with the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to keep track of deadlines and meet goals and project-related expectations
- Ability to contribute and work effectively with others in a team environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two plus years of experience working in an office environment
- Previous experience in an engineering environment is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This role is restricted to US persons (i.e., US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Boston Engineering will require proof of status prior to employment.