- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Innovation from Concept to Commercialization
Boston Engineering improves the way people work and live through innovative product design and novel engineering. We are product designers and engineers for the Medical, Industrial, Commercial, and Defense sectors. Experts in robotics, motion control, and embedded systems, Dfx, and digital transformation, we are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified.
Boston Engineering seeks innovative, passionate self-starters looking to work in an environment where curiosity and drive are encouraged and rewarded.
Are you tired of working on the same old products? Boston Engineering is seeking an experienced Program Manager for its Industrial and Commercial business unit. You will be responsible for scoping, planning, and delivering our projects within schedule and budget constraints while building our client relationships. At the same time, you will lead your project team to fulfill commitments and ensure the technical direction and risks are managed within the overarching project constraints. You will frequently be managing multiple projects and must be capable of switching gears and managing different projects for different clients. This is an engineering project management role.
- Participate in Business Development interactions to cultivate relationships with existing and new clients
- Develop project proposals for new and continuing business
- Participate in strategic planning within the business unit
- Prepare project estimates and resource plans
- Effectively manage project schedules and resource
- Utilize project management tools to manage and control labor, material, and expense costs
- Effectively lead and provide technical direction to multi-disciplinary engineering and implementation teams
- Establish and track scope, schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Introduce best practices and improvements that will drive customer satisfaction, project execution, and process improvement
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients
- Coordinate and conduct periodic project updates with customers in both verbal and written formats reporting on budget, scope, schedule, and risk
- Effectively communicate status and risks to clients/stakeholders with widely varying backgrounds (technical, marketing, sales, finance)
- Working knowledge of electrical, software, and mechanical design integration and engineering processes
- Demonstrated and successful track record of writing winning proposals with heavy technical content
- Ability to oversee and conduct critical project reviews, identification of project risks, and development of risk mitigation strategies and approaches with the ability to report internally and externally
- Effective interpersonal and customer interface skills
- Experience and knowledge of EVMS preferred, with the ability to convey concepts and techniques to team members
- Proficiency in MS Project, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and MS Visio, JIRA, and Confluence tools (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with ISO 9001
- 8+ years of relevant experience (systems engineering or technical project management) preferably in a fast-paced technical consulting or services environment
- Minimum of a BS degree in mechanical, electrical, or software engineering
- PMP certification is preferred
- No relocation
This role is restricted to US persons (i.e., US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Boston Engineering will require proof of status prior to employment.
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan, including a matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.