Linux Systems Administrator
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Boston Engineering is expanding rapidly and is currently recruiting for a Linux Systems Administrator with security experience to monitor, secure, and upkeep the day to day systems operations at its Waltham, MA location
- Acts as the Information System Security Officer to ensure proper System Security Plan documentation and adherence to security configuration requirements.
- Works with senior staff to improve company efficiency and ensure IT solutions meet business requirements
- Setup and maintain local and cloud infrastructure including, but not limited to: networking equipment, hypervisors, virtual machines, and firewalls
- Ensures all supported systems are maintained at the required security compliance levels for patches, vulnerability mitigations, and OS configurations under the NIST800-171 compliance requirements.
- Develops and maintains all documentation (including baseline configurations, as well as Work Instructions/Processes) in support of systems to ensure continuity of support and compliance within the System Security Plans.
- Manage vendor relationships
- Monitors IT service quality and ensure service performance meets all Service Level Agreements
- Degree in an Engineering or Computer Systems discipline.
- 3+ Years of related work experience.
- Linux System administration experience is required.
- Desire to lead internal projects.
- NIST 800-171 compliance experience is preferred.
- Experience with web based systems.
- Experience with KVM and VMware is preferred.
- Scripting experience with Bash, Python, Perl, or PHP. is preferred.
- Experience with computer hardware and software troubleshooting methodologies.
- Experience with Windows OS and Windows Servers is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven to excel with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- US Persons is required.
- Preference given to local candidates.
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.