Application Engineer - IoT/AR Digital Transformation
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering Corporation improves the way that people work and live through product innovation and novel engineering. We bring game-changing ideas to life. To improve how people work and live, we draw from expertise across our precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Together, we’ll make the impact you’ve always imagined, or never imagined possible
Boston Engineering is looking to hire a Digital Transformation Application Engineer to support our growing Digital Transformation Services group. This role is key to supporting the sales staff and showing customers the potential of Digital Transformation technologies such as IoT and Augmented Reality. Do you have a passion for merging the physical and digital worlds? Or know someone who might be?
In 2006 Boston Engineering joined the PTC Value Added Reseller (VAR) program and brought a unique view to digital transformation and the product development infrastructure. Boston Engineering was founded on delivering high end product design engineering consulting services and being a natural extension of the customer's product development team. Partnering with customers exposes Boston Engineering to the full breath of product development tools, infrastructure, and business process challenges. Boston Engineering combines the best of physical product design with digital product design to bring smart connected products to market.
Your joining a growing team with proven success. In 2018 Boston Engineering become a PTC Platinum Solution Partner for Internet of Things (IoT) ThingWorx Solutions, Vuforia (AR) Solutions, and Windchill PLM Solutions. Product design organizations in industries from Medical, Consumer, Defense, and Industrial partner with Boston Engineering to bring their smart connected products to market.
- Pre-Sales Demonstration Development, Maintenance, and Delivery: You must have a passion to build, maintain, and delivery pre-sales demonstrations of IoT and AR solutions.
- Application Development Process: You must have a passion for solid application development following common best practices.
- AR Platform: You'll need to leverage the PTC Vuforia AR platform including Vuforia Studio, Vuforia Chalk, and Vuforia Expert Capture.
- Technical 3D Animations: You'll leverage existing 3D CAD geometry to create 3D animations in Creo Illustrate, which will then be viewed in AR via Vuforia.
- 3D CAD Design Fundamentals: A basic knowledge of 3D mechanical CAD design, such as with Creo Parametric, will provide a solid foundation for the creation of stunning AR experiences.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but more importantly, you need to be able to demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain IoT and AR solutions for both smart connected products and smart connect operations.US Citizen or permanent resident: You must be able to work on ITAR projects and obtain a security clearance if needed.
- Problem solve: We're the grease between technology and real world product design business challenges. Unique challenges are raised every day, and we need your problem solving skills to bring success to our customers.
- Do the work: We're looking for a person who can help the entire team execute. Help bring the right data to the right person at the right time.
Think you want to join our adventure? Include a resume and answer these two questions:
- How will AR change the way we work and live?
- What are your goals in the next 6 months and 1 year time frames?
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.