Project Manager - Advanced Systems Group
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Innovation from Concept to Commercialization
We bring game-changing ideas to life. To improve how people work and live, we draw from expertise across our precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Together, we’ll make the impact you’ve always imagined, or never imagined possible.
Boston Engineering's Advanced Systems Group is experiencing high growth in response to continued demand for its engineering development services for our nation's military. We are currently seeking a customer focused Project Manager who is a results-oriented leader and who has demonstrable success in managing high-tech product developments and working with other high-tech professionals in meeting challenging technical goals. Our projects range in complexity and involve some or all of our engineering disciplines which include mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The primary focus of this project management role is defense and security technology development and will require technical fluency in system level engineering.
This position will include project management over the full cycle of our phase-gate product development process including:
- Requirements and specifications development
- Concept/system architecture development
- Technology development support
- Engineering analyses and design
- Prototype build and testing
- Design verification
- Preparation for design transfer to manufacturing
In addition to the PM role, significant technical contribution on projects is required.
To be successful, you must have demonstrated capabilities in the following:
- Establishing project plans and tracking scope, schedules, budgets and deliverables for multi-disciplinary Defense and Security development projects
- Systems-level engineering expertise with electromechanical systems
- Demonstrated experience managing small multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Ability to direct several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prepare and present at project reviews identification of project risks and development of risk mitigation strategies/approaches
- Ability to prepare proposals and develop estimates to support sales
- Minimum of a BS degree in an engineering field (Electrical or Software Engineering Preferred) plus five years in a project management role
- Must have previous experience executing government projects and working knowledge of FAR, DFAR, and other government contracting principles as it relates to project execution
- Project management training (PMP or course work) highly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with tracking and estimation of personnel requirements
- Able to assess and support technical progress to enable team success
- System-level engineering skills with working knowledge of software, electrical, and mechanical tools and processes, with fluency in the development and review of requirements, specifications and design documents and conducting projects under design controls
- Demonstrated experience in new product development programs, bringing new products and new technologies successfully to market
- Understand product and systems development processes
- Fluency in military standards and requirement
- Excellent interpersonal and customer interface skills
- Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams
- Previous experience overseeing risk management activities desired
- Previous experience in an engineering services environment desired
- Prior experience drafting federal grant applications (SBIR, STTR)
- Must be a US Citizen due to government contractual obligations
- No relocation
Boston Engineering provides product development consulting from concept through the commercialization and management of smart, connected products. The company’s expertise includes commercial products, defense & security, and medical devices. Additionally, the Boston Business Journal has named Boston Engineering one of the top-10 robotics companies in Mass. for the past four consecutive years. Innovating since 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.