Technical Lead – Defense and Security (Exoskeletons)
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire spectrum of the product development cycle. The Defense and Security business unit focuses on providing the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and their prime contractors with the design engineering support to enable systems development, integration of sensors on platforms, and incorporation of design for manufacturing principles. At Boston Engineering, we help customers take a concept from being an idea to a field-ready prototype, and refining it into a manufactured product. We also provide re-engineering of products to incorporate new technology innovations, incorporate augmented reality, and enable the internet-of-things. Certified to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016, the firm serves defense & security, commercial products, medical devices, and robotics markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
You can make a difference in the way people live and work by applying your experience and know-how to our projects.
We are currently seeking a customer-focused Technical Lead who is solution-focused. The ideal candidate has demonstrable success assisting customers refine requirements, developing concepts, leading trade studies, designing experiments that allow synthesizing data collected to gain insight into system performance. Defense and Security projects range in complexity and involve all of our engineering disciplines: systems, mechanical, electrical, and software engineering. The primary focus of this technical lead is technology development and will require fluency in system-level engineering.
Successful candidates must have demonstrated capabilities in the following:
- Systems-level engineering expertise with mechanical, electromechanical, mechatronics, or robotic systems
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage tasks between several projects
- Ability to conduct efforts in support of clients
- Ability to prepare and present at project reviews
- Identification of project risks and development of risk mitigation strategies
- Ability to assist in preparing technical content for proposals and developing estimates to support sales activities
This Technical Lead will manage and be a contributor through the product development process, which includes:
- Development of requirements and specifications
- Engineering analysis and assessment with a view towards refining requirements
- Concept/system architecture
- Assisting in the preparation of bids and proposals that contains rich technical content
- Technology development support
- Prototype build and testing
- Design verification
- Supporting new products from feasibility to manufacturing readiness
- g readiness
- BS or MS (preferred but not required) degree in an engineering field (Systems, Mechatronics, Robotics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering) with 8 to 10 years’ experience along with experience in exoskeleton or robotics controls, software development
- Experience with exoskeletons, active prostheses, robotic or other similar electro-mechanical systems preferred
- Experience in bio-mechanics, ergonomics, and/or anthropomorphic a plus
- Expertise in Complex Motor/Motion Control Systems Development
- Experience in Sensing and Sensor Integration
- System-level engineering skills with working knowledge of software, electrical, and mechanical tools and processes, with fluency in the development and review of requirements, specifications and design documents
- Demonstrated experience in new product development programs, bringing new products and new technologies successfully to market
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Previous experience overseeing risk management activities (FMEA, HARA, etc.) desired
- Previous experience in engineering services or consulting environment preferred
- Prior experience drafting federal grant applications (SBIR, STTR, etc.)
- Proficient in MS tools, with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen due to government contractual obligations
- Preference given to local candidates
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.