- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
We are a driven, customer oriented engineering services firm. Able to step outside the box and develop solutions from a fresh perspective, Boston Engineering focuses all types of products and projects. Our projects include design and development in the commercial, medical, consumer, defense and security sectors. From product development to information systems to engineering consulting, we offer innovative, results-oriented, high value solutions. Together, we’ll make the impact you’ve always imagined, or never imagined possible.
We are growing in response to continued demand for our services, which is driving the need for a customer focused Software Engineer - Level 1 in a fast-paced product and project development environment. The ideal candidate will have the desire to “jump right in” with hands-on testing and debugging experience. We need results-oriented customer focused individuals who will bring a high level of success meeting challenging project goals.
Conveniently located in Waltham, MA, we offer a full employee benefits package including matching 401(k) plan in an open and energetic working environment that fosters strong customer contact.
Successful candidates must have demonstrated capabilities in the following along with the desire and willingness to learn more:
- Ability to succeed in a challenging technical and customer focused environment
- Ability to approach designs from a system perspective
- Basic understanding of electrical engineering
- Ability to read schematics and have strong system level debugging skills
- Ability to operate test and measurement equipment including DVMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers
- Ability to research and to quickly learn new technologies
- 0-3 years of experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required.
- Experience with C/C++. Python a plus.
- Experience or interest in robotics and motor control
- Interest in connected systems for Internet of Things
- Solid understanding of programming fundamental
- Comfortable using Git for version control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Driven to excel with an entrepreneurial mindset is a plus
- US Citizen due to government contractual obligations
- No relocation
- Experience with embedded processors from ST, TI or Microchip.
- Writing device drivers for peripherals on embedded platforms.
- Serial communications protocols: CAN, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, USB
- Experience in motion control – Brushless motor control, PID tuning
- Linux kernel customization
- Experience with cloud services – ThingWorx, AWS, Azure
- IoT Edge solutions – Provisioning, OTA updates, low power architectures and mesh networks
- Working with RTOSs – FreeRTOS, QNX, embOS
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals who are challenged to learn, who will challenge us to be a better company, and will grow with a fast-paced, high-tech, service-based organization.
Please add your GitHub website to your application for review by our hiring managers.
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.