Technical Project Manager, Consulting -Defense Sector
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire spectrum of the product development cycle. The Defense and Security business unit focuses on providing the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and their prime contractors with the design engineering support to enable systems development, integration of sensors on platforms, and incorporation of design for manufacturing principles. At Boston Engineering, we help customers take a concept from being an idea to a field-ready prototype, and refining it into a manufactured product. We also provide reengineering of products to incorporated new technology innovations, incorporate augmented reality, and enable the internet-of-things. Certified to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016, the firm serves defense & security, commercial products, medical devices, and robotics markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Our Defense and Security Market Sector business is experiencing high growth in response to continued demand for Boston Engineering’s development services. We are seeking a customer-focused Technical Project Manager, who is a results-oriented leader. The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in leading high-tech product developments and managing multidisciplinary teams in meeting challenging technical goals. Our projects range from robotics to precision instrumentation, to ruggedized sensing systems and more, involving our electrical, software, and mechanical engineering disciplines. The primary focus of this project management role is within the Defense and Security market sector and will require technical fluency at a system engineering level. Together we can make a difference in the way people live and work, and make the Nation safer.
This hands-on position will include project management over the full product development cycle of our phase-gate development process, including:
- Requirements and specifications development
- Engineering analysis and assessment with a view towards refining requirements
- Concept/system architecture development
- Technology development support
- Prototype build and testing
- Design verification
- Preparation for design transfer to manufacturing
Successful candidates will be able to contribute technically and demonstrate capabilities in the following:
- Establishing project plans and tracking scope, schedules, budgets, and deliverables for multidisciplinary development projects
- Systems-level engineering expertise with electromechanical systems
- Demonstrated experience managing small multidisciplinary engineering teams in the defense and security market segment
- Ability to direct several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prepare and present at project reviews identification of project risks and development of risk mitigation strategies/approaches
- Assisting in the preparation of bids and proposals that contains rich technical content
- Demonstrated fluency in government project contracting
- Minimum of a BS degree in an engineering field (Electrical or Software Engineering Preferred) plus five or more years in a technical project management role
- System-level engineering skills with working knowledge of software, electrical, and mechanical tools and processes, with fluency in the development and review of requirements, specifications and design documents
- Previous experience in new product development programs, bringing new products and new technologies successfully to market
- Fluency in product and systems development processes
- Fluency in military standards and requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and customer interface skills
- Previous experience overseeing risk management activities desired
- Previous experience in an engineering services environment desired
- Prior experience drafting Federal funding proposals (for example, SBIR & STTR, RFPs)
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Must be a US Citizen due to government contractual obligations
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan, including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit. Preference is given to local candidates.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.