Project Manager – Defense and Security
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Tired of working on the same old products? Join the world of consulting at Boston Engineering where you have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of products. Our Defense and Security Segment is experiencing high growth in response to continued demand for its engineering development services. We are currently seeking a customer focused Project Manager who is a results-oriented, customer-focused leader and who has demonstrable success managing high-tech content and working with other high-tech professionals in meeting challenging technical goals. Our projects range in complexity and involve some or all of our engineering disciplines which include mechanical, electrical, and software engineering. The primary focus of this project management role is Defense and Security technology development and will require technical fluency in system level engineering.
This position will manage and be a technical contributor through the product development process which includes:
- Development of requirements and specifications
- Concept/system architecture
- Technology development support
- Prototype build and testing
- Design verification
- Supporting new products from feasibility to manufacturing readiness
Successful candidates must have demonstrated capabilities in the following:
- Establishing project plans and tracking scope, schedules, budgets and deliverables for multi-disciplinary Defense and Security development projects
- Systems-level engineering expertise with mechanical and electromechanical systems
- Ability to successfully manage tasks between several projects in a fast-paced environment. In some cases, management of others in support of overall project objectives
- Ability to conduct and direct project efforts in support of clients
- Ability to prepare and present at project reviews which include identification of project risks and development of risk mitigation strategies and approaches
- Ability to prepare proposals and develop estimates to support sales
- Minimum of a MS degree in an engineering field (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Preferred) plus 4+ years in a technical management role
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- System level engineering skills with working knowledge of software, electrical, and mechanical tools and processes, with fluency in the development and review of requirements, specifications and design documents
- Demonstrated experience in new product development programs, bringing new products and new technologies successfully to market
- Understand product and systems development processes
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Previous experience overseeing risk management activities desired
- Previous experience in engineering services environment desired
- Previous experience drafting federal grant applications (SBIR, STTR, etc.)
- Must be a US Person due to government contractual obligations
- No relocation
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.