Software Engineer II
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer for our Advanced Systems Group.
An individual in this role must have proven technical abilities as well as the ability to lead and manage software projects. In addition to the engineering role, this position requires hands-on involvement in preparing, reviewing and conducting various activities such as development of specifications, concept/system architecture, engineering and design, design reviews, and build/test activities.
Demonstrated capabilities in the following:
- Experience performing multi-discipline, systems-level engineering developments
- Expertise in common engineering development tools for software development
- Proven ability in a challenging technical and customer-focused environment
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Driven to excel with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Design/architecture of robotics, unmanned system control, motion control, and related software products including but not limited to robot mission planning and navigation
- Establish and track scope, schedules, budgets, deliverables for software projects
- Ability to successfully support several project teams with different technical content in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to conduct critical software design reviews, identify technical risks and develop/execute risk mitigation strategies and approaches.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, 5-10 years’ experience as an embedded software developer, 3+ years in a lead role
- Fluency in C, C++ for embedded systems, experience in Python, ROS, Java, LabVIEW, MATLAB
- Fluency in the development and review of software requirements, specifications and design documents and conducting of successful design reviews
- Familiarity government based technology requirements, standards, approaches and customer interfacing is desired
- Understand & practice job role in our quality management system as trained
- Must be a US Persons
- No relocation
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.