Software Engineer I
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Easy or hard, which crossword puzzle do you want to solve? Boston Engineering thrives on solving clients’ toughest product innovation challenges and making a difference in the way that people work and live. We are looking for a customer focused Software Engineer that excels in a fast-paced product and project development environment. The ideal candidate will have the desire to “jump right in”, have excellent team interface and communication skills, have embedded software design experience, have hands on test and debug experience. We need results oriented, customer focused individuals who will bring a high level of success meeting challenging project goals.
- Ability to develop solutions from the specification phase through the final delivery and acceptance testing is required
- Ability to succeed in a challenging technical and customer focused environment
- Ability to approach designs from a system perspective
- Understanding of electro-mechanical systems
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals
- Ability to read schematics and have system level debugging skills
- Ability to operate test and measurement equipment including DVMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers
- Ability to research and to quickly learn new technologies
- Understand & practice job role in our quality management system as trained
- 0-3 years of experience in fast-paced product development
- Experience in engineering services business preferred
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with ROS, Python a plus. Experience with ThingWorx, AWS, or other IoT platforms is a plus.
- Understanding of electrical engineering is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Driven to excel with an entrepreneurial mindset is a plus
- Must be a US person
- No relocation
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.