Project Manager - Engineering Consulting
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Innovation from Concept to Commercialization
We bring game-changing ideas to life. To improve how people work and live, we draw from expertise across our precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Together, we’ll make the impact you’ve always imagined, or never imagined possible.
Tired of working on the same old products? Join the world of consulting at Boston Engineering where you have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of products. Our Commercial Business Segment is experiencing high growth in response to continued demand for its engineering development services. Boston Engineering is seeking an experienced, results-oriented, customer-focused Project Manager for its fast-paced product development environment. Our projects range in complexity and involve some or all engineering disciplines across a broad array of Industrial markets focused through our Centers of Excellence in Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT), Motion Control, Embedded Systems Human Factors/Industrial Design, Product Lifecycle Management and Design for Manufacturability & Assembly (DFMA).
The Project Manager position requires technical abilities as well as the ability to lead and manage multiple projects. As part of the Project Management role, the position is responsible for preparing, reviewing, and conducting various activities such as development of specifications, engineering and design input, design reviews, and build/test input. The Project Manager’s responsibilities also include team leadership, project scheduling and scope, budget, technical expertise, business development activities, and proposal writing.
- Development of technical proposals for prospective clients
- Establish and track scope, schedules, budgets, and deliverables
- Manage 2-3 project teams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Conduct periodic project updates with customers in both verbal and written formats reporting on budget, scope, schedule, and risk
- 5+ years of relevant experience preferably in a fast-paced consulting/professional services environment
- Minimum of a BS degree in mechanical, electrical or software engineering and a minimum of 8 combined years in systems engineering or a technical project management role
- Experience with the design/architecture of industrial equipment and robotics
- Demonstrated track record of writing successful proposals for customers
- Working knowledge of electrical, software, and mechanical design and processes
- Fluency in the development and review of requirements, specifications and design documents and conducting of design reviews
- Working knowledge of common PM and engineering development tools
- Ability to oversee and conduct critical project reviews, identification of project risks, and development of risk mitigation strategies and approaches with the ability to report internally and externally
- Ability to conduct and direct project efforts under a Phase-Gate development process
- Excellent management and organization skills along with outstanding written and verbal
- PMP certification preferred
- Understand & practice job role in our quality management system as trained.
- Consulting services experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Familiarity with ISO 9001
- No relocation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.