Linux Systems Administrator (Internal) - Level 1
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Boston Engineering is expanding rapidly and is currently recruiting for a Linux Systems Administrator to monitor and upkeep the day to day systems operations at its Waltham, MA location.
- Works with senior staff to improve company efficiency and ensure IT solutions meet business requirements
- Setup and maintain local and cloud infrastructure including, but not limited to: networking equipment, hypervisors, virtual machines, and firewalls
- Manage vendor relationships
- Monitors IT service quality and ensure service performance meets all Service Level Agreements
- Degree in an Engineering or Computer Systems discipline.
- 1 -3 Years of IT experience
- Linux System administration experience is required
- Desire to lead internal projects
- NIST 800-171 compliance experience is preferred
- Experience with web based systems
- Scripting experience with Bash, Python, Perl, or PHP. is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven to excel with an entrepreneurial mindset
- US Persons is required
- Preference given to local candidates
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.