Junior Linux Systems Administrator - Internal
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
At Boston Engineering, the spirit of systems engineering is intertwined in our processes, procedures and our thinking. We offer multidisciplinary teams and a broad depth of knowledge in relevant technologies. We develop innovative solutions that will help companies bring products to market faster, saving time and money.
We are a driven, customer oriented engineering services firm. Able to step outside the box and develop solutions from a fresh perspective, Boston Engineering focuses on all types of products and projects. Our projects range from consumer product design to semiconductor capital equipment. From product development to information systems to engineering consulting, we offer innovative, results-oriented, high value solutions
Boston Engineering is expanding rapidly and is currently recruiting for a Systems Administrator to run the day to day IT operations at its Waltham, MA location.
- Works with senior staff to improve company efficiency and ensure IT solutions meet business requirements.
- Setup and maintain local and cloud infrastructure including, but not limited to: networking equipment, hypervisors, virtual machines, and firewalls
- Manage scope, schedule, and budgets of IT projects.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Monitors IT service quality and ensure service performance meets all Service Level Agreements.
- Degree in an Engineering or Computer Systems discipline.
- 1 -3 Years of IT experience
- Ability to lead internal projects
- NIST 800-171 compliance experience is preferred
- Linux System administration experience is preferred
- Experience with web based systems
- Scripting experience with Bash, Python, Perl, or PHP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Driven to excel with an entrepreneurial mindset is a plus
- US Persons is required
- No relocation
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.