Co-op: IT Support - January 2019
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering Corporation could be your next challenge! If you are looking for an environment where making a difference in the way people live and work, then Boston Engineering is the right place for you.
The IT Support Co-op at Boston Engineering is responsible for assisting the internal help desk in a Linux/Windows environment. Successful candidates will have a background in computer systems and will assist the IT Support Engineer in managing the Windows/Linux infrastructure of Boston Engineering.
Experience and Skills needed for success:
- Maintain hardware and software on workstations
- Purchase hardware/software to support the infrastructure
- Build new workstations
- Simplify workstation management
- Train users on best practices and security related issues
- Troubleshoot/manage assigned network resources
- Maintain and create IT related documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong time management skills
- Well versed in the open source landscape
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems
- Proficiency in software development
- Must be a US Person due government contractual obligations
Prior exposure to the following is a plus:
- OS: Windows XP, Windows 7, Fedora, CentOS, Android, and IOS
- Licensing: Microsoft, FlexLM, SolidWorks, and GPL
- Programming: Kixtart, Bash, Python, Java, and Perl
- Infrastructure Applications: Samba, Apache, OpenLDAP, Bind, CVS, and DHCP
- Engineering Applications: Creo (Pro/E), Solidworks, OrCAD, and MathCAD
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.