Electrical Engineer (Power & Energy)
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. The Defense and Security business unit focuses on providing the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and its prime contractors with the design engineering support to enable advanced systems integration of sensors on unmanned platforms, design for manufacturing expertise to take initial prototype designs up through designs optimized for a manufactured product. Additionally, Boston Engineering also conducts re-engineering of products to update and incorporate new technology innovations, including incorporation of augmented reality and development of smart connected products with IoT. Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified to ISO900 I and ISO13485 standards, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and commercial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Our Defense and Security business unit is growing in response to continued demand for its technologies and services which are driving the need for a results-oriented, customer-focused power and management systems Electrical Engineer in a fast-paced product and project development environment with a successful project/ product development track record. Our projects range in complexity and involve some or all engineering disciplines across many market segments, but primarily within the defense and security market. The work includes design for rugged environment and efficient power solutions.
- Derivation, testing, and validation of electrical and control s requirements
- Assist customers in defining new system development requirements and specifications
- Investigation, engineering development, analysis and testing of power, power distribution and energy management systems for human-borne equipment systems and unmanned systems robotics applications
- Custom embedded control system design and development, sensor integration
- Conduct system integration and testing
- Ability to present and conduct critical project reviews, identification of project risks and development of risk mitigation strategies and approaches
- Work with cross-functional engineering team including mechanical, controls, software, quality
- and program management
- Be effective working on challenging fast-paced project s in both independent and team environment
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or ECE or related field with a minimum of 4-6 years of related engineering experience
- Experience with battery and power system designs including battery management systems, charging systems power management/power distribution
- Fluency in battery and power systems safety and regulatory standard
- Familiarity with design to military standards strongly preferred
- Experience with circuit design and PCB layout for passive and active circuits, power and RF experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of motors and motor control systems, and design of embedded controllers required
- Experience integrating and testing complex electromechanical systems desired, robotics preferred
- Experience with Matlab-Simulink,
- Fluency in schematic capture tool such as PADS, Altium, OrCAD
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is required
- Must be a US Person
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.