Electrical Engineer (UAS) - Level 3
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. The Defense and Security business unit focuses on providing the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security and its prime contractors, with the design engineering support to enable advanced exoskeleton development, systems integration of sensors on unmanned platforms, designs for manufacturing expertise to take initial prototype designs up through designs optimized for a manufactured product. We also conduct re-engineering of products to update and incorporate new technology innovations, augmented reality and the internet-of-things. Boston Engineering applies expertise from precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 900I and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Our Defense and Security business unit is growing in response to continued demand for its technologies and services which are driving the need for a results-oriented, customer-focused Electrical Engineer in a fast-paced product and project development environment with a successful project/product development track record. Our projects range in complexity and involve some or all engineering disciplines across many market segments, but primarily within the defense and security market.
- Design, build and test of custom electrical components for unmanned systems, robotic applications including communications, energy storage, computing, sensing, control, and power distribution.
- Design custom printed circuit boards for power distribution, embedded control systems, and system sensing.
- Selection of COTS components where appropriate.
- Derivation, testing, and validation of electrical and controls requirements.
- Assist with system integration and testing.
- Work with cross-functional engineering team including mechanical, controls, software, quality and program management.
- Be effective working on challenging fast-paced projects in both independent and team environments.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or ECE or related field with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience.
- Experience with circuit design and PCB layout for passive and active circuits, power and RF experience a plus.
- Experience with battery systems including BMS, charging and pack design desired.
- Understanding of motors and motor controllers, buck and boost converters, and solid-state devices.
- Experience tuning motor control parameters including PID for current speed and position required.
- Experience integrating and testing complex electromechanical systems desired robotics preferred.
- Experience with Matlab-Simulink, PADS, Altium, OrCAD.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
- Must be a US Person.
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.