NISPOM Manager - DoD Export Controls
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering’s Advanced Systems Group (ASG) specializes in driving innovation in unmanned systems, special tactical equipment, and robotics. When the U.S. government selected us to develop an autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV), we responded by creating a product modeled after the tuna, one of the fastest and most maneuverable fish in the sea. Boston Engineering’s BIOSwimmer™ is a biomimetic AUV that addresses critical capability gaps in military and security applications.
Boston Engineering’s robotics capabilities span industry, defense, homeland security, and state & local applications.
Be the Department of Defense NISPOM Facility Security Officer (FSO) for an up-and-coming small company in Waltham MA! This position requires achieving export control and government property compliance goals through hands-on planning and education, project management oversight and execution and development of property and export controls.
Duties and responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Determines export and import declaration organizational objectives and provide strategic guidance for compliant and timely filings.
- Establish and manage all aspects of export and import declaration professionals ensuring timely and compliant filings.
- Manage all aspects of government property tracking and compliance
- Track and provide reports and metrics associated with export and property activities.
- Establishes export and import declaration organizational policy by implementing, and driving adherence to procedures.
- Manage tools and systems to monitor applicable import/export compliance regulations.
- Represent the organization as primary contact for export and import declaration filing
- Provide support and control for export and import declaration activities, and maintain compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and DCMA Government property activities.
- Identify and report any potential violations of trade compliance laws and compliance violations and any incidents involving significant weaknesses in processes or procedures.
- Recommends modifications to companywide policies.
- Support internal, external, and government-directed compliance audits and assessments.
- Develop internal controls and procedures to supplement or replace existing
- Complete annual registrations as required
- Develop Annual export and government property control training for all company employees.
- Support engineering-acquired materials (Cost Plus and Time & Material Contracts)
- Interface with Operations, Engineering and Program Management personnel
- Conduct contract close out activities on US Government contracts related to property
- Coordinate documentation for movement of materials
- Identify and track all US Government property assets
This position is not a security detail officer role. Must be a US Citizen.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage, respond efficiently and effectively to time-critical issues with competing / conflicting priorities.
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal and external contacts.
- Strong knowledge and application of export/import trade regulations
- Excellent relationship/interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Microsoft Office applications
- Previous export control experience is required along with at least 2 year’s work experience on DoD programs.
- US Citizenship Required: (This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship)
- Ability to gain Active Secret clearance required
- Completion of the DSS FSO Course desired
Boston Engineering provides product development consulting from concept through the commercialization and management of smart, connected products. The company’s expertise includes commercial products, defense & security, and medical devices. Additionally, the Boston Business Journal has named Boston Engineering one of the top-10 robotics companies in Mass. for the past four consecutive years. Innovating since 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.