Systems Administrator - PTC Deployment Solutions
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
In 2006 Boston Engineering joined the PTC Value Added Reseller (VAR) program and brought a unique view to product development infrastructure. Boston Engineering was founded on delivering high end product design engineering consulting services and being a natural extension of the customer's product development team. Partnering with customers exposes Boston Engineering to the full breath of product development tools, infrastructure, and business process challenges. Boston Engineering combines the best of physical product design with digital product design to bring smart connected products to market.
Boston Engineering is looking to hire a IT Systems Administrator to support our growing Product Development Systems Services group. This role is key to enabling the successful deployment, maintenance, and maturation of both customer and internal systems. This role is currently filled via contributions from multiple team members. We understand the breath of the challenges faced in this role and know it takes a special person to fill the position.
Are you that person? Or know someone who might be?
Your joining a growing team with proven success. In 2018 Boston Engineering become a PTC Platinum Solution Partner for Internet of Things (IoT) ThingWorx Solutions, and Windchill PLM Solutions. Product design organizations partner with Boston Engineering to deploy and run their critical Product design infrastructure including Windchill PLM, ThingWorx IoT, and ThingWorx Augmented Reality solutions. Solutions are deployed on-premise or in the cloud with long term support provided by internal IT or by Boston Engineering under Application Managed Services contracts.
Here are the things we feel you'll need to succeed.
- We don't care about your exact level of completed education, but you need to be able demonstrate the ability to deploy and manage modern IT systems on a wide range of platforms.
- System Administration: You must have a passion for solid IT systems administration. We deploy and manage critical infrastructure on both Linux and Windows infrastructure.
- Automation: Repetitive tasks need to be automated with the correct tools that can be maintained over the long term.
- Monitoring: You'll need to leverage tools such as Prometheus, Nagios, OpsGenie, and JMX to ensure all system are running to specification.
- Infrastructure: Our systems run a wide array of back-end platforms including AWS, VMware, KVM, and Docker.
- Application Deployment and Standardization: You're responsible for standardizing our deployment plan for each new release of PTC solutions including Windchill, ThingWorx, and Augmented Reality.
- Support & System Maturity Planning: You will be working directly with customers to ensure their systems are operating well and fit their needs. You will lead our Managed Services operations team using Jira Service Desk and Confluence.
- US Citizen or permanent resident: You must be able to work on ITAR projects and obtain a security clearance if needed.
- Problem Solve: We're the grease between technology and real world product design business challenges. Unique challenges are raised every day and we need your problem solving skills to bring success to our customers.
- Do the work: We're looking for a person who can help the entire team execute. Help bring the right data to the right person at the right time!
Think you want to join our adventure?
Include a resume and answer these two questions:
- Why is IT infrastructure critical to the success of smart connected products?
- What are your goals in the next 6 months and 1 year timeframes?
Thank you considering our opportunity and we look forward to hearing from you.
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.