Electrical Engineer III
- 300 Bear Hill Rd, Waltham, MA 02451, USA
Boston Engineering’s Advanced Systems Group (ASG) specializes in driving innovation in unmanned systems, special tactical equipment, and robotics. When the U.S. government selected us to develop an autonomous underwater vehicle (AUV), we responded by creating a product modeled after the tuna, one of the fastest and most maneuverable fish in the sea. Boston Engineering’s BIOSwimmer™ is a biomimetic AUV that addresses critical capability gaps in military and security applications.
Boston Engineering’s robotics capabilities span industry, defense, homeland security, and state & local applications
Our Advanced Systems Group is growing in response to continued demand for its technologies and services which are driving the need for a results-oriented, customer-focused Electrical Engineer in a fast-paced product and project development environment with a successful project/product development track record. Our projects range in complexity and involve some or all engineering disciplines across many market segments, but primarily within the defense market.
• Design, build and test of custom electrical components for robotic / unmanned system applications including communications, energy storage, computing, sensing, control and power distribution
• Design custom printed circuit boards for power distribution, embedded control systems and system sensing
• Selection of COTS components where appropriate, maintenance of Bill of Materials including selection of new components and replacement of obsolete parts
• Derivation, testing and validation of electrical and controls requirements
• Assist with system integration and testing including novel robotic platforms
• Work with cross-functional engineering team including mechanical, controls, software, quality and program management
• Be effective working on challenging fast paced projects in both independent and team environments
• Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or ECE or related field with minimum of 3 years of industry experience
• Experience with circuit design and PCB layout for passive and active circuits, power and RF experience a plus
• Experience with battery systems including BMS, charging and pack design desired
• Understanding of motors and motor controllers, buck and boost converters, solid state devices required
• Experience tuning motor control parameters including PID for current speed and position required
• Experience integrating and testing complex electromechanical systems desired, robotics preferred
• Experience with Matlab-Simulink, PADS, Altium, OrCAD
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to obtain a security clearance is required
• Must be a US Person
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
**Please note, preference is given to local candidates. Thank you! **
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.