- Level of experience: Trainee
- What we promise 1: Creating new horizons, literally
- Organisation: Offshore Energy
- Region: UK
- What we ask of you 3: Continuous personal development
- What we ask of you 1: A pro-active attitude
- Disciplines: Engineering
- What we promise 2: Being part of the energy transition
- What we promise 3: Being part of the energy transition
- What we ask of you 2: Eager to learn
Gardline Limited is part of the Boskalis group of companies. Working at Gardline is about exploration. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to explore your career and find innovative and relevant solutions for complex projects.
For a business to succeed, it needs the right people, with the right skills and values. We seek exceptional individuals who champion our values-based culture and team spirit. Here at Gardline, we are committed to each and every one of our staff members worldwide. We empower our staff to gain new skills, bring new ideas to the table, to grow and develop. Together!
How you can make your mark
Make your mark as a Geotechnical Engineer at Gardline!
As a Trainee Geotechnical Engineer you will carry out offshore geotechnical activities in line with Industry accepted standards and Gardline principles. This includes high quality data and sample collection, management and interpretation of results and to collate the findings in a comprehensive geotechnical filed report.
- To carry out offshore geotechnical activities in line with Industry accepted standards and Gardline principles.
- Follow instruction from offshore party chief/OPM.
- Acquire and process high quality geotechnical data.
- Undertake basic offshore laboratory testing and soil and rock logging.
- Perform computerized data processing and prepare results in accordance with industry standards and in-house practices.
- Compile geotechnical reports in the field.
You can make your mark if you have:
- A minimum BSc or equivalent degree with a specialisation in the Earth Sciences or Civil Engineering.
- An MSc in a related subject. (Desirable but not essential)
- Experienced in offshore geotechnical data acquisition.
- Quality control and processing of CPT data and seabed samples.
- Interpretation of CPT data.
- Good technical report writing skills.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory testing.
- Able to travel
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: In addition to your salary and flexible work arrangements, you will receive an annual holiday entitlement of 22 days (based on a full-time contract) which increases over time, a salary sacrifice pension scheme, access to private healthcare through Bupa as well as cycle to work and eye test schemes!
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of the Boskalis Group also provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs of Gardline!
- Fulltime/ part-time job: The position of function is a fulltime, completing 12 hour shifts offshore for 4-8 week trips.
- Procedure: All you need to do to apply for a job is to complete the online application process and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If both sides are happy to proceed after interview(s), we will make you an offer to join Gardline. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure, we warmly welcome you to our organisation.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Geotechnical Engineer. Please contact the Recruitment Team via [email protected]
Please apply by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.