Senior Hydrographic Surveyor UK based -Titan Environmental Surveys Limited
- Level of experience: Professional
- What we promise 1: Being part of the energy transition
- Organisation: Offshore Energy
- Region: UK
- What we ask of you 3: Exceeding expectations
- What we ask of you 1: A pro-active attitude
- Disciplines: Other
- What we promise 2: Contributing to one of a kind projects
- What we promise 3: Not your average 9-to-5
- What we ask of you 2: Continuous personal development
Titan Environmental Surveys Ltd, (part of Gardline Limited/Boskalis Group) are a multidisciplinary marine and environmental surveying company based in Bridgend, South Wales. We have over 30 years’ experience in marine survey services including Hydrography, Geophysics, Oceanography and Environmental Sampling.
Titan own and operate four specialist inshore survey vessels to support marine survey operations.
Titan are looking to expand our survey team to join our rotational field teams.
As a Senior Surveyor you will be responsible for the mobilisation and calibration of survey equipment, acquisition, data processing and QA/QC of data. As a senior your role will involve client liaison, Party Chief activities, survey execution and mentoring for less experienced surveyors. You will develop your leadership abilities to maximise the efficiency of the vessel and crew and always demonstrate a flexible and proactive approach to working practises, essential in the nearshore survey market.
- Mobilisation and demobilisation of survey equipment, including calibrations and verifications.
- Equipment interfacing and tune-up for all equipment onboard.
- Multi-role online surveyor, collecting data including MBES, SSS, Magnetometer, SBP.
- Survey equipment maintenance.
- Working daily from mainly UK ports for several weeks at the time.
- Be part of the Company field rota, currently 3 weeks on-call, 3 weeks office based. Undertaking 80-120 field days a year.
- Office and field office data processing and reporting.
- Liaising with clients and understanding their technical specifications for projects.
- Supporting Principal Surveyors and Project Managers in delivering jobs to client specifications, end to end.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with company IMS systems.
- Mentoring and training of less experienced surveyors.
- Potential for skippering opportunities or development.
Desirable Skills Experience:
- Relevant degree with a minimum 4 years of industry experience in a similar role.
- Good experience in Hydrographic and Geophysical surveys in a leading role.
- Knowledge of industry standard software packages QINSy, PDS2000, POSPac MMS, Trimble Business Centre, Caris HIPS and SIPS, Geosoft Oasis Montaj, AutoCAD and QGIS.
- Previous knowledge of Multibeam data processing, GNSS data processing, Geophysical data processing, UXO data processing along with tidal theory, acoustic theory and geodesy.
- Geophysical survey background would be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages (Word/Excel)
- Current holder of or working towards commercially endorsed RYA/MCA Powerboat Advanced or above.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Problem solving initiative and flexibility.
- Fluent in English language both oral and written.
- Full Clean Driving License.
What you can expect
- A range of benefits: A company pension scheme and life assurance and access to private healthcare through Bupa*
- Career opportunities: We challenge you every day to get better. Together we realise your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities be that onshore or offshore. Being part of Gardline and the Boskalis Group provides access to a vast range of opportunities literally across the globe!
- A warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible.
* where applicable (dependent on contract type)
- You must live or be willing to relocate to a commutable distance of the Titan Surveys office in Bridgend, South Wales