QA Automation Engineer (F/M/Div)
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Bosch unit in Ovar belongs to the Building Technologies division and is focused on bringing solutions to the market that are shaping the smart cities of the future. The company develops and produces innovative solutions for security and communication systems, fire alarms, electronic displays, robotic lawn mower & E-bike components. With about 1.400 employees, its success lies in the highly specialized and innovative team and technological know-how.
The business unit “Video Security” develops software and IT systems that are the glue in complex and distributed security installations with thousands of cameras. They make them manageable and create customer value even beyond security. Join us on our journey from simple video monitoring to intelligent and preventive security solutions, leveraging cutting-edge technologies like video analytics, face and object recognition, anomaly detection, IoT device management, and more.
- Help shape the future: You go ahead! You are inspired by making our world more secure, you are passionate about new Software technologies and sophisticated systems, and you are proficient in state-of-the-art testing practices and IT technology. You create the next generation of video and building security management software and solutions.
- Use your creativity and freedom: You work in an agile team of Software developers. As QA Engineer you collaborate with developers and stakeholders to determine requirements. You design, execute and maintain test strategies as well as manual and automated tests for Video Security products. You analyze issues, localize and document them. You always have user experience and the quality of your software system in mind. You stand for your product.
- Experience collaboration: Your team and the international multi-site development community of our product area counts on you. In your daily work you closely cooperate within your team, with colleagues and experts at other locations, and with product-, project-, and local management. In addition, also external suppliers and other Bosch divisions and sites are part of your network.
- Personality: You combine team play with curiosity and delivering results is part of your DNA. You thrive in agile setups and you possess sound communication skills in both local and international telecommunication setups. A pro-active attitude, a quality mindset as well as analytical, structured, result- and team-oriented characteristics describe you best.
- Experience: Minimum 4 years testing experience of systems and software based on Microsoft Windows and web applications. Additionally, you have experience with agile development methodologies.
- You have specific Knowledge in:
- Practical application of QA processes (smoke, integration, regression, final release)
- Analyzing product requirements, deriving, designing, and implementing test cases
- Test automation: scripting, adaptation, and extension of test cases in C#
- Test plan design and execution (manual and automated), reporting, quality and test KPIs
- Scrum/agile principles
- CI/CD systems, preferably experience with Azure DevOps, experience with Git
- Further knowledge would be a plus:
- o C++, Python, or other programming languages
- o Performance test tools and concepts
- o Monitoring tools
- o Network protocols like HTTP, TCP, UDP, IP
- o Video over IP, ONVIF
- Languages: Excellent spoken and written English skills are a must. Additionally, German would be an advantage.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent, higher degrees preferred.
What we offer you:
Challenges in an international environment | career opportunities in one of the best companies in the world | flexible hours | medical services | discounts for employees | sports and health related activities | canteen | good access to public transports | space for creativity.
Success stories don´t just happen. They are made...
Make it happen! We are looking forward to your application!