- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
At Bosch, we care. For you, our business, and our environment.
Let’s turn visions into reality. At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our areas of activity are every bit as diverse as our outstanding Bosch teams around the world. Their creativity is the key to innovation through connected living, mobility or industry. Our responsibility goes far beyond business. We’re independent of stock markets and bound to the purpose of the Robert Bosch Foundation; our success directly benefits society, the environment, and future generations. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support the gas testing and resistance trimming process for lambda oxygen sensors.
- Support and lead teams to improve quality and reduce defect cost, with practical implementation of measures.
- Provide product dispositions and support technical root cause/corrective actions for manufacturing quality issues.
- Utilize problem-solving techniques such as Shainin for defect cost reduction and customer quality improvement projects.
- Work closely with IPN locations to identify improvement opportunities and implement changes in Anderson to improve shared or similar processes.
- Collaborate with the operations and development teams to develop and implement controls and improvements.
- Support ongoing improvement of manufacturing documentation and quality plans according to company standards (including process flow diagrams, control plans, PFMEA, PQIs, process control documentation, standard work instructions, etc…).
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is unavailable.
- BS in Engineering or related technical field (preferred mechanical, electrical, or industrial).
- High level of teamwork, self-initiative, detailed, self-motivated and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Preferred 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment (relevant co-op/internship experience included).
- Strong problem solving skills (Shainin, 8D Methodology, 5 Why, etc.)
- Preferred understanding of production and quality documentation (Control Plan (CP), Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (P-FMEA), Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and capabilities, Engineering Change Request).
- Ability to manage and balance multiple projects at once
- Strong communication skills for collaboration with multiple interdepartmental personnel (such as operations, quality, logistics, and technical functions)
- Must have or be able to obtain/maintain a valid passport for travel (~5%)
- Preferred knowledge of Bosch Production Systems (BPS) and lean manufacturing
Co-Op experience strongly preferred.
Shainin certification preferred. Effective root cause analysis and problem-solving skills.
Experience with PowerBI or Tableau, SQL preferred.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)