Aftermarket Business Development Specialist/Engineer
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Our drive and control technologies ensure efficient, powerful and safe movement in machines and systems of any size. We inspire our customers with intelligent components, tailored system solutions, and services – from fully connected applications to the factory of the future. Bosch Rexroth is dedicated to making the world a better place through innovation and technology. We are looking for associates who will take on our customers’ challenges with passion and persistence until the right solution is found and who will thrive in a face-paced, collaborative and exciting environment.
Why work with Bosch Rexroth?
Challenging Projects: We are driven by innovation and being at the cutting edge of everything that we do. At Bosch Rexroth every day is different, and your time will be filled with interesting and exciting projects.
Amazing Colleagues: Our people make us who we are, and we are very proud of our diverse and skilled global team. Having a supportive and encouraging team around you can make all the difference.
- Learning and Development: We want you to reach your fullest potential, for both yourself and for Bosch Rexroth. That’s why we actively promote growth and development.
- Change the World: We want to give you the opportunity to not only drive your career forward but also to change the world. The work we do at Bosch Rexroth can make a big difference to the world around you.
- Social & Value-Driven: We have a tradition of assuming social responsibility in all that we do. Our success, and our roadmap for the future, is based on our lived values. This covers everything, from community to the environment, to being a social employer.
- Flexibility & Freedom: We strive to give you a balance between your work and home life, as well as the freedom to drive your career forward.
- International Opportunities: We are a truly global, fully networked company, with locations in more than 80 countries all over the world
This role will work out of a Regional Sales Office or Home Office depending on location. Home Office locations must be within 50 miles of a major metropolitan airport.
The Industrial Hydraulic division is looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our growing team. Bosch Rexroth seeks those with an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong desire to win. Someone who is motivated by the accomplishment of expanding our Aftermarket products into Maintenance, Repairs, and Operations (MRO) in end users’ customers. As an Aftermarket Business Development Specialist for Bosch Rexroth, excellent prospecting and account acquisition skills will be essential to the success of this position. This position will join our team in the South Central Region, defined as the following states: West Tennessee, Northeast Arkansas, Alabama, and Mississippi (or other assigned territory) through both channel partners and direct account development.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Manage of all aspects of the End User Service sales cycle within your assigned geography, including defining target customers and sales forecasts
- Achieve sales growth targets for Bosch Rexroth Hydraulic Aftermarket products at Top Priority Customers (TPCs)
- Plan calls on 30-40 TPCs (MRO/Users) accounts with installed Bosch Rexroth products or competitors’ products, depending upon the size and complexity of the accounts.
- Develop close contact with Top Priority Customers to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Actively and aggressively pursue new MRO business by developing additional growth and “Discovery accounts” (calls on unlisted accounts) each year
- Growth of the Geography’s business through multiple channel partners with Service products following business plan goals
- Prepare an annual sales forecast and maintain monthly or quarterly rolling forecast for assigned accounts
- Provide hydraulic technical & applications expertise, and commercial support to MRO customers in assigned geography in order to achieve sales goals, selling the best OEM Aftermarket product solution and quality over pricing
- Fast learner who can understand complex technical issues and effectively communicate relevant specifics to non-technical customers
- Perform sales calls on accounts within the geography according to assigned call frequency.
- Sales prospecting and lead follow ups via telephone, e-mail, or sales call
- Provide excellent aftermarket customer service and timely responses
- Proactively address and resolve customer issues, with management support
- Resolve conflicts with set up of direct accounts
- Work with Bosch Rexroth application engineering team to generate project sales for new and aftermarket business
- Develop Basic understanding of other Rexroth Factory Automation technologies and inform other groups of potential work (cross-divisional cooperation)
- Candidate must be comfortable engaging and interacting with executive management, senior engineering and technical personnel, as well as Procurement and Manufacturing personnel
- Attend industry trade shows, canvass shows, and perform booth duty
- Participate in sales meetings, training sessions, etc. as required
- Consistently and effectively use CRM to document regular sales opportunities / account activity, customer information, opportunity tracking, quotations, account development, sales funnel forecasting, and to coordinate required sales activities between regional sales, divisional / market sales, and management
- Maintain files, prepare and submit call, itinerary and expense reports, as required, in a timely fashion
- Will travel domestically up to 70% primarily in the assigned geography. Up to 50% overnight travel
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor of Science degree in technical Engineering field ( Mechanical, Industrial, Mechatronic, etc)*plus 4+ years of Fluid Power relevant experience, or Associates Degree in a technical field* plus 7+ years of relevant work experience in Fluid Power, or High School diploma* plus 9+ years of relevant work experience in Fluid Power
- Required: Industrial hydraulic experience (products and/ or systems, machine applications and/or Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO)) providing technical solutions to the Industrial Hydraulic sector
- Ability to read and understand hydraulic schematics
- Ability to work with End Users personnel to develop sales growth in assigned area.
- Must possess sufficient motor ability to safely work in a manufacturing environment which requires the ability to ascend and descend machinery, multiple flights of stairs, and step ladders.
- Able to safely lift, carry and move objects of up to 50 lbs
- Experience cold calling customers
- Demonstrated experience in assisting internal and external customers with questions, concerns, complaints, etc.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications: PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Motivated self-starter with strong prioritization skills and to work independently.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Bosch Rexroth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives.
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)