Manufacturing Engineer, Project Leader - Trainer
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Corporate department for Manufacturing Technology – Engineering and Production Services (M/TMS) is the worldwide partner for manufacturing solutions. We make it happen through qualified, motivated and flexible professional associates, who uphold the heritage and values of Bosch. Our associates work in all divisions in an international surrounding.
We provide a broad portfolio of services in Manufacturing Engineering, Process Optimization (e.g. OEE), Training (e.g. LEAN), Industry 4.0 and Project Leadership. To excel in this offer we permanently invest in the development of our associates. We work in many Robert Bosch divisions, from automotive to household goods and Power Tools, and have an international and interdisciplinary teams. This provides a chance to build a big internal network and grow one’s own portfolio.
- Project lead/ Manufacturing Engineering Lead, Problem Solving, Implementation, LEAN manufacturing, Process Optimization, Scrap reduction, IDC Reduction, Productivity Increase, MTM Analysis, etc.
- Definition and Development of production processes, concepts, productivity improvements, upgrades, and modifications. Work as part of team for Problem Solving, Process Optimization and Updates, modifications of equipment, manufacturing strategies. Coordinate modifications or improvement strategies.
- Execution of Process Analysis and evaluation of the implementation options. Gage R&R, measurement capability, etc. Provide the correct manufacturing documentation (i.e. Control Plans, PQI´s, Changeover procedures, etc.) for the implemented changes.
- Lead projects and workshops including team building for DFMA and PFMEA, Value Stream Mapping, Flow Oriented Layout, Lean Line Design, 5S, Standardized Work, Quick changeover, Pull/Leveling, Problem Solving etc. Capture, analyze, and store data on production equipment, from design, production, optimization, delivery, etc.
- Instruct Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, and Electronics courses within the Mechatronics related programs for customers. Develop and teach Industrial Maintenance and Electrical curricula courses, demonstrate techniques, and aid students in the performance of curriculum-based labs.
- Convey knowledge in a form so students can understand
- Ability to adapt teaching techniques to student needs in various instructional settings.
- Maintain written records of student performances and attendance and submit to the customer for approval and recording within customer systems.
Support CIP activities and Goal Deployment objectives.
- 4-year technical degree (e.g. mechanical engineer, electrical engineering, mechatronics engineering, industrial engineering, etc.) with 4+ years industry experience
- OR associate degree with 8+ years working experience in manufacturing and/or logistics roles including Shop Floor experience, Production support, Problem Solving, Project Leadership, etc.
- Experience in production support, process optimization, process improvement, scrap reduction, head count planning, line balancing, cycle time reduction, Lay Out optimization, (MTM analysis, OEE improvements, Problem solving (5-Why, Shainin, etc.)
- Experience in Machinery/Equipment/Tooling definition and procurement (including structured acceptance, machine, and measurement capability studies)
- Deep knowledge in several Manufacturing Processes and Assembly operations.
- Experience as a technical instructor in industry or academics, concentrated on Mechatronics curriculum for Maintenance, Trouble Shooting and Controls technicians/students.
- State of the art knowledge in mechatronics systems, including Drives and Controls, PLC’s, Industrial Controllers, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, etc. to support industrial technician training.
- Working Knowledge of BPS (Bosch Production System) or similar lean manufacturing mindset (TPS – Toyota Production System)
- Active listener with strong interpersonal skills capable of promoting fruitful relationship and empathy with customers.
- Target oriented with high persuasiveness, creativity and responsibility
- Ability to work well in teams as well as to work/act independently
- Analytical and structured working style
- Professional customer communication skills
- Motivated to lead others in a project
Future sponsorship for work authorization is unavailable.
M/TMS-NA positions allow Remote Work/Work from Home as suitable with the project/customer needs. M/TMS-NA supports all North American Robert Bosch facilities and therefore travel is required. Ability to travel is required and is dependent on the location of projects.
Position is preferably located in Anderson, SC, Charleston, SC, or Florence KY, areas or near a Bosch Facility
Depending on customer/project location, travel can be 50% or higher. Balance of Work and Family life is important to our group and we do our best to maintain an equitable travel schedule.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)