Manufacturing Technical Engineer
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
Welcome to the Electrical Drives Division of Robert Bosch, LLC! With some 16,500 associates and more than 20 locations around the world we have for more than 50 years been providing solutions for the electrical actuation of a wide variety of automotive applications.
The Manufacturing Technical Engineer will be responsible for the following. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Design and develop manufacturing process methods and automation equipment.
- Setup and program new manufacturing production equipment.
- Improve existing manufacturing process methods and automation equipment programming.
- Provide engineering support and validation of manufacturing production equipment including day-to-day problem solving and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Support existing and implement new error-proofing methods which include the use of robotics, servos, pneumatics, proximity sensors, vision systems, PLCs, and communication networks.
- Identify, document and oversee implementation of improvement ideas for manufacturing process methods, product fixtures and production equipment to improve OEE and reduce cycle time.
- Standardize best practice manufacturing processes across automated and manual assembly lines.
- Assure product and process quality targets are defined and meeting established standards.
- Confer with vendors to determine manufacturing production equipment specifications and arrange for purchase according to standards.
- Interact with other related disciplines within the facility to develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing process methods and reduce costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline required.
- 2-4+ years of experience in manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, or Automation Engineering.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems, perform system tests, and program as required.
- Ability to program and configure Allen-Bradley logic controllers and HMI systems.
- Solid understanding of C++ and Visual Basic computer programming.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Familiar with Industry Standards UL and CE.
- Familiar with Vision and Barcode Systems (e.g. Keyence, Cognex).
- Computer Skills: MS Office, Visual Studio, RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalk View, AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
- experience with FANUC robotics a plus
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Bosch is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
To be the first to hear about insider news, events and job opportunities, sign up for the appropriate Bosch Talent Community below.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future visa sponsorship for work authorization not available.