Engineering Manager (hybrid)
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
The Communications Systems Division of Bosch Security Systems is headquartered in Burnsville, Minnesota. Our product segments include Critical Communications Systems, Pro Sound, and Public Address & Conferencing. With our premium brands: Bosch, Dynacord, Electro-Voice, RTS and Telex, we provide solutions that reflect our brand values for audio quality, and innovation. The company’s broad portfolio of products and systems are used by government agencies, hospitals, critical infrastructure facilities, broadcast TV stations, cable head end stations, electronic media campuses, mobile sports production truck companies and in many other commercial and industrial environments throughout the country.
Are you an Engineering Manager looking to grow your career? Do you have a background in Intercom product design and development? Consider joining Bosch Communications Systems based in Burnsville, MN!
We are looking for a strong leader to develop complex audio communications and control products which are used in Broadcast Media Creation, Space Exploration, and other industrial applications. In this role, you will lead and manage an incredible team of Engineers. In addition to working with a dynamic team, you will be working along side our customers and play a critical role in aligning business and project objectives to drive innovation and success within the organization.
As the Engineering Manager, you will:
- Lead the development and commercialization of products for the Intercoms Product Line
- Manage Cross-functional Engineering Project Teams and relationships with other Core Team members within the organization
- Work to build credibility of the team by completing projects on-schedule and on-cost targets
- Provide, hands-on technical leadership as well as technical contribution to projects
- Manage continuation / maintenance engineering projects as well as managing component availability / end-of-life issues for components
- Manage product certifications and testing for safety and EMC
- Ensure adherence to the Bosch Product Engineering Process
- Collaborate with Product Management to develop and document product requirements
- Establish and be accountable for schedules, budgets, milestones for projects as well as project cost and device cost estimates for products and performance
- Develop, monitor, and control strategic and tactical budgets covering staffing, capital assets, and expenses
- Building cross functional relationships to gain trust and efficiency in the organization
- Coaching and developing staff members including both formal and informal training
- Participate in the development of medium to long term product and technology roadmaps
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, plus a minimum of 12 years of experience or equivalent blend of education and experience in product design and development
- MS in Management of Technology or an equivalent Technology-MBA degree preferred
- Broad technological expertise - comprehension and awareness of the latest technologies and the ability to maximize the impact of technology in appropriate discipline areas
- Preferred experience in complex high-speed digital and audio products
- Some knowledge of wireless product desire is beneficial
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills and working knowledge of signal processing
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional engineering projects
- Demonstrated experience in the development of complex products which include electrical, mechanical, firmware
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%
- Requires US Citizenship due to high security customer and/or government facility requirements
- Knowledge of quality systems concepts and tools and their applications (experience with DfMA, DfT, DoE, and Six Sigma methodologies is helpful)
- Expertise with system issues relating to product design; EMI, ESD mitigation, grounding techniques, stray capacitance, distortion, and noise mitigation
- Expertise in designing products for international safety and EMC requirements
- Must possess good communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in and lead a cross functional team
- Ability to present complex concepts in a clear non-technical manner, making the complex, simple
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Must be self-motivated, high energy and have a desire for team building
- Normal office environment with the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
- BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives: FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) & AWIM (A World In Motion)
- Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.