Embedded Software Test Automation Engineer (hybrid)
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
The Communications Systems Division of Bosch Security Systems is headquartered in Burnsville, Minnesota. Our product segments include Critical Communications Systems, Pro Sound, and Public Address & Conferencing. With our premium brands: Bosch, Dynacord, Electro-Voice, RTS and Telex, we provide solutions that reflect our brand values for audio quality, and innovation. The company’s broad portfolio of products and systems are used by government agencies, hospitals, critical infrastructure facilities, broadcast TV stations, cable head end stations, electronic media campuses, mobile sports production truck companies and in many other commercial and industrial environments throughout the country.
Are you an Embedded Software Test Automation Engineer with a background in embedded device and systems testing? Bosch has an exciting new opportunity for you! Based in our Burnsville, MN location, the Embedded Software Test Automation Engineer will develop test automation and perform tests to verify complex embedded devices used in audio transport for broadcast and entertainment media production. You will play in integral part of the team by working as a product development team member and autonomously develop test automation software to aid in the development velocity of a variety of products.
As a Software Test and Test Automation Engineer, you will:
- Perform testing of complex embedded media production / communication devices and systems
- Write test scripts and software to enable test automation
- Troubleshoot software issues to provide diagnostic feedback to the development team
- Develop test requirements, test cases, and record test results, track and generate traceability reports, test coverage, and test outcome reports
- Develop test strategies to normal use, address breakage, misuse, and worst case scenarios
- Thoroughly document acceptance criteria for software features and functions
- Work with the Engineering Product Quality team to address product deficiencies by providing reliability data from tests and to assure the quality of our products through diligent and thoughtful testing of products
- Establish task lists, schedules, milestones for testing tasks
- Build cross functional relationships to gain trust and efficiency in the organization
- Develop test automation software to aid in minimizing the duration of repetitive testing activities and increasing software quality
- Create / validate appropriate automate test scripts to evaluate individual software application components and integrations
- Work as a member of a development team to deliver products on schedule and on budget
- Stay current on the latest technologies and methodologies for test automation and execution
- BS Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience or equivalent blend of education and experience in product design and development
- Knowledge of C, C++, Python, & Basic Scripting
- Demonstrated ability to deploy software testing automation
- Preferred experience in testing for complex embedded products and systems
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, software development tools, and software pipeline tools
- Familiarity with software test and automation frameworks
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical ability and software troubleshooting skills
- A desire for continuous learning and self-motivated
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally less than 5%
- Requires US Citizenship due to high security customer and/or government facility requirements
- Knowledge of DfT and DoE methodologies is helpful
- Ability to present complex concepts in a clear manner, making the complex, simple
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, high energy and have a desire for team building
- Normal office environment with the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
- BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives: FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) & AWIM (A World In Motion)
- Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.