Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op - MOE2
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
At Bosch, we care. For you, our business, and our environment.
Let’s turn visions into reality. At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our areas of activity are every bit as diverse as our outstanding Bosch teams around the world. Their creativity is the key to innovation through connected living, mobility or industry. Our responsibility goes far beyond business. We’re independent of stock markets and bound to the purpose of the Robert Bosch Foundation; our success directly benefits society, the environment, and future generations. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
This role is for a manufacturing engineering co-op in the Transmission Control Unit assembly area of the Automotive Electronics division. This role will interface with multiple levels of the department and will be working with high-speed manufacturing equipment performing state-of-the-art processes to produce the "brains" of different automatic transmissions. The selected candidate will be expected to perform the following in this role:
Identify, specify, order, and implement new equipment and processes in cooperation with departmental engineering and technical resources.
Develop and maintain production documentation to improve throughput and quality.
Investigate and solve root causes of manufacturing process problems.
Identify and lead projects to improve cost, quality, delivery, utilization, and safety of manufacturing processes in order to meet key metrics within the workshop.
Apply Bosch Production System principles to the value stream to support product team, Continuous Improvement Process, and plant goals.
Assist with organizational initiatives.
Develop effective working relationships across all levels and educational backgrounds.
Solve problems with minimal direction, applies guidelines, and interprets information as needed.
• Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university and pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum preferred overall GPA of at least 3.0
• Indefinite U.S. Work authorized individuals only. Current/Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
• Able to complete multiple rotations: Fall 2023, Summer 2024, Spring 2025
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
Large student network on-site with approximately 25-30 college students.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Competitive hourly wage
• Paid Holidays
• Seniority accrual and guaranteed wage increases when returning for multiple terms
• Rewarding learning experience
• Post-graduation competitive advantage gained through practical work experience
• Onsite Nurse/Onsite Nurse Practitioner
• Onsite Café
Housing Stipend of $2500 per rotation for Co-ops who attend school more than 50 miles away from Bosch Anderson.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)