- 4421 Highway 81 North, Anderson, SC, United States
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
At Bosch, we care. For you, our business, and our environment.
Let’s turn visions into reality. At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our areas of activity are every bit as diverse as our outstanding Bosch teams around the world. Their creativity is the key to innovation through connected living, mobility or industry. Our responsibility goes far beyond business. We’re independent of stock markets and bound to the purpose of the Robert Bosch Foundation; our success directly benefits society, the environment, and future generations. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
Manufacturing Engineer to provide process expertise in our Ceramic Substrate (LTCC) Group with focus on supporting current operations, improving cost with scrap and productivity projects. Primary focus for this position will be AOI systems and programming production support applications throughout the value stream.
Will develop their understanding of printed pastes, tapes, ceramics, laminates, cleaning process results, and electroless precious metal plating for AOI inspection.
Will solve technical problems, using problem solving tools, to improve yield and introduce quality improvements. Will support, develop, edit and introduce procedures and documentation including work standards, operating documentation, PFMEA, Control Plan and preventive maintenance plans.
Will work in a team environment, as well as being an individual contributor, working/supporting other engineers, quality teams and manufacturing operations. Support all process areas in the value stream, CIP activities and Policy Deployment objectives.
Will identify and lead projects to improve cost, quality, delivery, utilization, and safety of manufacturing processes in order to meet key metrics within the value stream.
Will apply BPS principles to the value stream to support product team, CIP, and plant goals.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is unavailable.
- B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, or related Technical Field
- 1+ Years in Manufacturing experience; co-op experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills: MS office, Excel. Experience with CAD, PPT is a plus.
- Preferred experience with AOI (automated optical inspection) systems
- Preferred knowledge / experience with programming systems/languages of C/C++, C#, Python, SQL, PLC (Allen Bradley, Siemens) etc.
- Assist in implementation of MES (manufacturing execution system) and Industry 4.0 on new and legacy equipment.
- Good communication and cooperation skills, result oriented person
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Effective root cause analysis and problem identification / solving skills.
- Discipline and consistency regarding adherence to established company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Experience using Continuous Improvement Process principles.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
AWIM (A World In Motion)