Engineering Product Quality Manager (Hybrid)
- 12000 Portland Ave, Burnsville, MN 55337, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
The Engineering Product Quality Manager, is part of the global Quality team in the Business Unit Communications, part of the Building Technologies division (part of The Bosch Group – a leading supplier of technology and services employing roughly 395,000 associates worldwide).
The global team supports the quality management for the Communications, Sound and Audio portfolio covering the brands Bosch, Dynacord, Electro-Voice, RTS and Telex. The diverse product portfolio includes loudspeakers, audio electronics, intercom, public address systems, aviation communications and more – and targets an equally broad audience from musicians to governments to stadiums. Team members are based in Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Portugal), the US (Burnsville), Taiwan and India.
The Communications Systems business unit is headquartered in Burnsville, MN
- Total lifecycle quality management of the Building Technologies- Communications (BT-CO) Commercial Systems, Professional Systems (EV), Aviation and Radio Dispatch segments.
- Improvement of New Product Introduction Efficiency (Time-to-Market, no field actions, full compliance)
- Firewall for corporate directive RB/GF 182 ensuring product safety and legal compliance
- Lead quality function in product development to ensure quality improvement opportunities are identified, targets are properly defined and implemented, lessons learned are translated to projects during product development (“designed-in quality”), and requirements for quality gates are met
- Monitoring and analysis of warranty return & repair data, failure cost, and customer complaints for early detection of quality-related problems
- Develop quality improvement targets in alignment with overall business objectives
- Identify and drive quality improvement and warranty cost reduction initiatives by ensuring timely and methodological problem solving
- Manage trade good supplier quality issues and supplier development
- Focus on hardware reliability and software dependability in products and systems
- Training and moderation activity for project teams in related methods and tools, e.g., DFSS, DMAIC, FMEA, Problem Solving
- Contribute to reduced Time-to-Market by improved execution of processes and avoidance of deviations in project and product
- Point of Contact for Product Development Code of Conduct (RB/GF 182)
- Approximately 15-20% travel required, including international.
- Bosch offers flexible working schedule and opportunities for remote work as part of the Bosch SmartWork program.
Required: BS in Electrical, Mechatronic or Mechanical Engineering or relevant field
- Demonstrated experience applying quality methods and problem-solving tools (8D, Six Sigma, FMEA, DRBFM, 5 Why's, Ishikawa)
- At least one relevant professional certification: CQE, CMQ/OE, CQA, CRE, CSQE or similar
- Certified Design For Six Sigma, Six Sigma Black Belt
- Work experience in project management (project planning and tracking, risk management)
- Demonstrated leadership skills in international corporate environments
- Strong communication, negotiation and team moderation skills and ability to manage time and workload constraints
- Product Development experience
- Industrialization and manufacturing experience
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a quality professional
- Experience in design, working within a cross-functional team, supporting both internal and external customers
- Track record of successful DFSS deployment in electronic hardware as well as software design and development
- Experience with quality-related tools and methods, e.g., QFD (Quality Function Deployment), CTQ (Critical to Quality), FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), DfR (Design for Reliability)
- Knowledge of Minitab or other statistical software
- Strong command of English language. German a plus.
- Strong communication, negotiation and team moderation skills and ability to manage time and workload constraints.
- Capable of effectively communicating to various areas and levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and program management skill
Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 70 lbs., meet demands required with travel, and must be able to speak, sit, and/or stand for extended periods of time.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives.
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
Check out our brands at: