Product Engineer – HIU
- Cotswold Way, Worcester, UK
- Legal Entity: Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd.
Worcester Bosch are the UK's top-rated heating brand and we believe in the power of warming people’s lives.
Alongside our current portfolio of boilers and renewable technologies we are working with the Government to decarbonise the network and achieve net zero by 2050. Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for motivated, talented individuals to join our 1800 strong team. We have opportunities spread across our two sites in Worcester and Clay Cross, as well as in the field nationwide.
Our people bring our brand to life, are at the heart of all we do and deliver the experience that our customers deserve.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, company pension, employee discounts and extensive health and wellbeing support.
A Heat Interface Unit (HIUs) provides heating and hot water and are perfect for both small and large-scale district heating solutions. This includes flats and other multi-residential accommodation, as well as buildings that use uneconomical electric heating, or have individual gas appliances in each property.
District heating networks are a key technology within Government policy to decarbonise heat in our homes and commercial buildings. Their ability to incorporate waste heat and renewable energy at scale have earned them a central role in achieving Net Zero wherever there is dense urban living or high-rise flats. Add to this, their ability to easily convert to alternative energy sources, such as Hydrogen. It is not hard to see why they are regarded as the go-to option for many new developments. The planned expansion of district heating will create rapid growth of HIU sales.
- Promote and accelerate the development products tailored to meet the needs of the UK market
- Possess the ability to interpret standards and regulations to define product requirements and be the technical partner to cross-functional stakeholders
- Establish networks to ensure collaboration - implement updates to existing products or deliver new products to the market
- Realise networks to their full potential
- International travel is expected in this role.
Mechanical engineering background with appropriate academic qualifications (Graduate or Masters)
- Study and preferably experience working with hydraulic or commercial heating systems
- Working knowledge 3D-CAD software (ideally Siemens NX and TeamCenter).
- Experience of using Enterprise Resource Planning tools (ideally SAP)
- Understanding of manufacturing and assembly methods
- Good communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to explain complex topics to non-technical stakeholders and non-native speakers
- Creative approach to problem solving
International travel is highly likely/expected.
Full time based at Worcester Bosch HQ in Worcester; the successful candidate expected to work in the office and from home in line with department and business requirements.
Closing date - 25 November 2022