ETAS Product Manager
- Hospital Fields Rd, York YO10, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Legal Entity: ETAS Ltd.
Here at ETAS, we design tools for the development of embedded systems for the automotive industry. The solutions we are developing today will enable millions of cars to get closer to the dream of Autonomous Driving. ETAS are Empowering Tomorrow’s Automotive Software.
Our products are at that heart of the next generation of Driver Assistance solutions that will connect to the cloud to always remain best in class, ensuring the safety of all road users and pedestrians.
Alongside our parent company Robert Bosch, we share the values of a better world for everyone and our common mission - Invented for Life.
We offer flexible hybrid with a remote first approach, we get together for collaborative workshops and team activities in our York office
ETAS-RTA Solutions is established in the automotive market as a high-competence, high-quality and effective organisation. We support our customers across a variety of topics with a major focus on advanced embedded systems (e.g. many core systems, hypervisors), classic and adaptive AUTOSAR (e.g. training, migration, extensions) and functional safety (e.g. ISO26262 compliance, ISO25119, etc).
You will manage the Operating System and Hypervisor area of the RTA product, supporting the business development, gathering requirements from the market and steering the product development. You will also work with Product Managers to support workflows which involves several products.
This role is customer facing, so willingness to travel is a prerequisite.
- Definition of the roadmap for a RTA product to meet customer needs
- Support the worldwide RTA Solutions and sales teams in answering commercial questions, support the definition and negotiation of business models
- Support the company’s regional organisation and customer engagements (will require global travel of up to 30%)
- Support of product demonstrations, execution of pilot projects and evaluations together with customers
- Develop a detailed technical definition of new product features and collaborate with the development team to realise the implementation
- Reflection of competitor analysis, market and technology trends
- Track profit/loss of the RTA product and contribute to the definition and implementation of an action plan to ensure financial targets are met.
- Contribute to the definition of the strategy for developing business around the RTA product of responsibility
Success will be measured by, but not limited to:
- Product sales per year
- Customer feedback
- Master degree (or PhD) in a computer science engineering or close discipline (e.g. computer science, control engineering/theory, electronics)
- Must be willing to travel to support the needs of the UK and overseas business units
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Must have strong presentation and communication skills and feel comfortable in front of customers
- Experience in a product management role (experience of product management of embedded software products would be advantageous)
- Strong business analytical skills
- Experience of managing and negotiating commercial contracts
- Experience of AUTOSAR would be a very strong advantage
- Experience in requirements engineering
- Customer focus and experience of working directly with customers in a business to business context
- Excellent networking and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent English language skills
- Strong leadership skills and a strong team orientation with interest in interdisciplinary team work
Because we’re ETAS and part of Bosch we live our values. This means we invest in our business, and we invest in our people. We give you support in your career and personal development whatever stage you're at in your career. You will be provided access to the full Bosch training courses to support your progression. Don’t forget: we will stand by your side while you acquire increasing responsibilities.
Last but not least, Bosch is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to origin, religion, gender, age disability, or any other status or personal choice.
We embrace diversity. Be part of it.
- 25 days holiday entitlement which increases after 5 years of service
- Option to buy 3 additional days annual leave
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme matched up to 8% contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid community volunteering opportunities
- Flexible / Hybrid with a remote first work approach to enable the ideal work / life balance
- Bosch staff shop
- Discounts and offers on various other retailers
- Recommend a friend bonus up to £2k