Product Manager, Cloud Solutions - Intercoms (Hybrid)
- 12000 Portland Ave, Burnsville, MN 55337, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Security Systems Inc.
Burnsville, MN is the headquarters for the Communications Systems Division of Bosch Security Systems. Our main activities include the Product Management, Development, Quality, Financial and Materials Management of the Business Unit Critical Communications Systems, Pro Sound and Public Address & Conferencing. With our premium brands: Bosch, Dynacord, Electro-Voice, RTS and Telex, we provide solutions that reflect our brand values for audio quality, and innovation.
Bosch is committed to upholding the highest standards for service. Our goal is total customer satisfaction through products, service, and support.
The Product Manager takes full ownership of their product line and steers activities to achieve growth targets for the portfolio.
They also steer product marketing activities for the whole intercom segment in North America in alignment and coordination with the North American Product Marketing organization.
They are an entrepreneur and drive sustainable and profitable growth for their product segment above the market.
The Product Manager is the voice of the customer in the organization and has worldwide turnover and IM responsibility for his/her product segment. They define and maintain the complete product portfolio. It comprises the planning, development, production, commercialization and the out phasing of products.
- Define, propose and discuss global Intercom Cloud, Applications, eMonitization & Partyline Business Segment strategy
- Define global Intercom Business Segment marketing strategy
- Manage global Intercom Business Segment product portfolio and evaluate market potential for new products and adjacent applications via market monitoring and customer needs evaluation
- Initiate Product Engineering Process (PEP), define Commercial Requirements Specification (CRS) and support process (PEP) on all defined process steps.
- Analyze market situation and take actions (marketing mix) to gain market share and improve market positioning for the whole intercom segment with a focus on Cloud, Applications, eMonitization & Partyline
- Manage (parts of the) Intercom product portfolio life cycle.
- Manage product launch (create launch plan, run launch and evaluate) for parts of the intercom segment
- Define global price strategy for products and portfolio based on Business Segment strategy; define prices for new products following value based pricing process.
- Manage price positioning/maintenance and repositioning needs
- Monitor competitor products and conduct regular benchmarks (specification, USP, etc.)
- Create and be in charge (parts of the) portfolio of product messaging, positioning, features, benefits and USPs for end-users and customers
- Support for the knowledge transfer to all relevant internal and external parties. This includes e.g. explanation of product technologies, USPs vs. competition and commercial product training for the whole intercom segment
- Support global sales and business development team in customer management/customer visits
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering combined with experience in field related to professional communications
- 2 – 5 years of experience in engineering / product management / marketing in the Critical Communications or Broadcast markets is highly desirable.
- Ability to act as a business leader, influence others and initiate change, working collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Experience in culture-change from hardware to software mindset is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience with IP standards and deployment is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience with Software/Application definition and Product Management/Ownership is highly desirable
- Strong User-centric focus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal using the English language; ability to deliver effective presentations to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to apply key marketing principles in a business environment, including ability to effectively analyze markets and competition to identify customer needs.
- Strong in structuring wishes and needs, perceived end-user value and Cost-effective product definition
- Knowledge of Cloud applications and protocols
- Experience in Broadcast and/or Audio is a plus
- Technical aptitude to understand product features and functions
- Ability to plan, organize and follow through/implement activities to achieve timely, accurate results, focusing on key priorities and effectively juggling multiple projects.
- Ability to identify problems and root causes, being creative in problem solving, listening to all input, examining all possibilities and remaining open minded.
- Ability to make proper judgments in an unbiased manner to develop sensible, realistic and practical solutions.
- Good to very good experience and knowledge of MS Office software (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint).
- Trustworthy and credible. Remains consistent in word and action.
- Up to 50% travel (some international) may be required.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is not available.
Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Bosch Security Systems, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)