Post-Doc Researcher for Natural Language Processing
- Legal Entity: ROBERT BOSCH INC.
The Bosch Research and Technology Center North America with offices in Sunnyvale, California, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Cambridge, Massachusetts is part of the global Bosch Group (www.bosch.com), a company with over 70 billion euro revenue, 400,000 people worldwide, a very diverse product portfolio, and a history of over 125 years. The Research and Technology Center North America (RTC-NA) is committed to providing technologies and system solutions for various Bosch business fields primarily in the areas of Integrated Human-Machine Intelligence, Robotics, Energy Technologies, Internet Technologies, Circuit Design, Semiconductors and Wireless, and MEMS Advanced Design.
The focus of our global research on Integrated Human-Machine Intelligence includes Big Data Visual Analytics, Explainable AI, Audio Analytics, NLP, Conversational AI, Cloud Robotics, Mixed Reality and Smart Wearables, etc. We develop intuitive, interactive, and intelligent solutions to enable inspiring UX for Bosch products and services in application areas such as autonomous driving, car infotainment and driver assistance systems (ADAS), Industry 4.0 and Internet of Things (IoT), security systems, smart home and building solutions, health care, and robotics.
As a part of our global research unit, our Conversational AI & Natural Language Processing group is responsible for shaping the future user experience of Bosch products by developing cutting-edge technologies and prototype systems in the fields of natural language processing and understanding, knowledge representation and reasoning, question answering, information retrieval, dialogue management, knowledge-based assistance, speech processing, and etc. We work on solutions to derive useful information and knowledge from textual data, and enable natural, intuitive and intelligent personal assistance. We work with internal partners at various Bosch business units to transfer our ideas and solutions into future products. We also actively collaborate with leading groups in academia and industry to promote research ideas and publish research findings in internationally renowned conferences and journals, e.g., ACL, EMNLP, ISWC, AAAI, NeurIPS, ICML, ICASSP.
- Conduct research on Natural Language Processing (NLP) to address academic and industrial challenges in NLP fields
- Work with an international team of experts to transfer and apply the Bosch in-house NLP innovations and 3rd-party NLP solutions to Bosch products and services of information extraction, knowledge-rich assistance, question answering, and information retrieval.
- Ph.D. in computer science or engineering
- 3+ years of research experience in natural language processing
- Publication record in top NLP / ML venues (e.g., ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, TACL, AAAI, etc.)
- Hands-on experience on state-of-the-art NLP / ML libraries and toolkits
- R&D experiences on low-resource NLP
- R&D experiences on explainable NLP
- R&D experiences on knowledge representation and reasoning and/or neural symbolic reasoning
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Robert Bosch welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives