Software Lead – Robotics & Autonomous Systems
- Jutrzenki 105, 02-231 Warszawa, Poland
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Sp. z o.o.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
About the project
The Bosch Global Software Technologies (BGSW) newly established Robotics & Autonomous Systems Software Group in Warsaw is working on new and innovative robotics and autonomous systems projects within Residential Robotics Technology Unit (RTU) as joint Partner with Advanced Autonomous Systems Department at Corporate Research HQ in Renningen.
In this international team, you have the opportunity to take responsibility in the end-to-end creation process – from the innovation idea to the product. You will join a growing team that works in an agile and self-empowered but structured way to deliver software modules & platforms, state-of-the-art robotics algorithms, simulation models, scenarios & systems (tightly integrated in CI/CD) as well as significantly contribute to system requirements and robot prototypes hardware and it’s iterations.
In this context, you will co-lead robotics core software project and own parts of the robotic platform and algorithmic modules on series development project of Next Generation Residential Robot.
The Warsaw site features space to innovate, leisure areas as well as state-of-the-art laboratory facilities for robotics development including industry-leading motion capture tracking system and customer environment simulation physical space (currently under construction).
Project lead (Robotics core software)
- Co-lead project and team of robotics experts and software engineers at BGSW Engineering Center in Warsaw, Poland
- Work closely with the key project Partners to:
- Drive product development in selected robotics and software expert domains
- Support with design and organization of successful methods for product testing such as DevOps and SW Quality methods together with the testing teams in order to enable successful product deployment
- As a project leader liaise with globally distributed project teams
Technical contributor (Robotics core software)
- Work across disciplines to balance technical priorities and business drivers, integration of sub-systems and contribute in getting the core system up and running in the area of consumer robotics
- Application of acquired robotics expertise and multi-disciplinary approach to increase performance and robustness, while reducing cost, timeline and iterations required to deliver robotics product to the market
- Act as selected project domain Tech Lead
Technology and solutions expert/consultant (Robotics core software & Systems)
- Provide systems leadership for concept development, architecture, design as well as specific robotics fields expertise for multiple domains
- Perform technical risk assessments and define mitigations, identify potential failures modes or shortcomings of designs, and establish test strategy
Tech Lead & C++ On-board Embedded Software
- Experience (3+ yrs) with technical leadership (tech lead/project lead/senior engineer/principal engineer) on complex embedded software project
- Background and prior hands-on experience (5+ yrs) in on-board modern C++ software development in mobile robotics or transferable domain e.g. aerospace, automotive or similar (mobility platform, robotics, autonomy or complex mechatronics component functionality is must have)
Robotics / Autonomous Systems Software
- Hands-on experience (industry or academia) in mobile robotics or autonomous systems: on-board robotics software for series development / industrialization project stage of mobile robotics or autonomous system product
- Hands-on experience developing robotics algorithms / platform within one of the following domains: control (motion motor control / path following), navigation (e.g. sensor fusion and estimation), planning (motion and path planning), perception (incl. object detection, recognition, segmentation; visual and/or lidar based), localization (SLAM: 2d-lidar or visual) or robotics software platform (middleware and driver level e.g. embedded linux and ROS2-based).
- Software engineering best practices for full life-cycle process incl.
- Good understanding of software testing, e.g. from unit to system integration tests
- Experience in the context of CI/CD technology
- Excellent understating and practical knowledge of SOLID principles
- Knowledge about UNIX/Linux, e.g. tools and configuration
- Good understanding of software development for Embedded Linux
- Knowledge about container technology, such as Docker
- Communication in English sufficient to seamlessly contribute to technical and project discussions
- University degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Robotics (preferable), Physics, Mathematics or related fields
As a Big Plus
- ROS or ROS2 (preferable) experience and know how: Familiarity with the ROS/ROS2 ecosystem; Experience with implementing ROS nodes
We would like to offer you number of amenities for you and your loved ones.
- Contract of employment and a competitive salary (together with annual bonus)
- Flexible working hours
- Referral Bonus Program
- Copyright costs for IT employees
- Canteen in the office with co-financed lunches
- Complex environment of working, professional support and possibility to share knowledge and best practices
- On-going development opportunities in a multinational environment
- Broad access to professional trainings, conferences and webinars
- Language courses
- Private medical care and life insurance
- Multisport card and sports teams
- Number of benefits for families (for instance summer camps for kids)
- Non working days on the 24th and 31st of December
- Discounts for Bosch products