Software System Designer_Functional safety
- Legal Entity: Centro Studi Componenti per Veicoli S.p.A.
At Bosch, we care; for you, our business, and our environment.
Let’s turn visions into reality. At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our areas of activity are every bit as diverse as our outstanding Bosch-teams around the world. Their creativity is the key to innovation through connected living, mobility or industry. Our responsibility goes far beyond ‘business’. We’re independent of stock markets and bound to the purpose of the Robert Bosch Foundation; our success directly benefits society, the environment, and future generations. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
Centro Studi Componenti per Veicoli S.p.A.,
with headquarters in Modugno (BA) and about 310 employees, is the largest Research and Development center of the Bosch Group in Italy, where the Common Rail system was born and developed in the 1980s.
In addition to the consolidated activity on high pressure pumps, CVIT developed the DNOX system for the reduction of nitrogen oxides from exhaust gases for commercial vehicles. In collaboration with the main car manufacturers and the parent company, it carries out activities in the field of engineering for applications on engines and vehicles, studies electronic systems for service and calibration on diesel, gasoline, hybrid and electric engines and recently also motorcycles, having facilities available for Testing activities, equipped with the most up-to-date equipment.
Our strengths? Excellent know-how, creativity and innovation, integration with the production site and internationality. Centro Studi Componenti per Veicoli has also developed a strong link with the local area and is a main player in activities aimed at creating and promoting training and employment.
Why do we do it? We believe it is strategic to grow and invest in people to make the entire system grow. Bari is always one step ahead!
What will you take care of?
You will join the ECU and VCU software development team in Modugno (Italy).The SW System Designer for Fuctional safety works on behalf of customer projects and is responsible for product version creation, cross-functional interface with customers, internal stakeholders and other Bosch organizations. The focus is on development of SW for control unit of passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-road applications.
The resource will support the team in the following activities:
- Analyzes discusses and agrees on Customer Functional Safety requirements and related FTTI
- Starts technical System & SW Safety requirement clarification with customer, function development Monitoring and calibration Monitoring (if needed)
- Supports SWSD to identify requirements with safety Impact
- Develops Technical Safety Requirements and updates the Technical Safety Concept according to customer Functional Safety Requirements
- Coordinates and reviews function development and change in the BC
- Reviews of requirements or architectural design elements and related verification criteria in order to ensure test ability
- Develops Test Cases based on the requirements or architectural design elements and related verification criteria
- Executes and document the SW- and System tests and verify the results
- Performs project specific initial analysis (PSIA). Determine the necessary VRT test goals and evaluation / VRT test pass criteria for a new project. Reviewed the test goals list with function development Monitoring and calibration Monitoring.
Education: Master Degree in automotive engineering, Mechatronics, control engineering, electrical engineering, Computer science or telecommunications
Language skills: Good English language skills required; in best case, basic knowledge of German language
Experience and know-how: ISO 26262 – Chapter 2, 3, 4, 6, Automotive Techincal Safety Concept definition, ASPICE Development Process (kwnoledge of V-Model and experience in development and test activities), Requirements Engineering, Control Systems design, ICE powertrain / Electrical Powertrain knowledge and related physics dynamics at vehicle level, Basis of Embedded Software Design / Real Time Operating systems, Basis vehicle communication buses (CAN), Cybersecurity knowledge (Nice to have)
Working Method: Team player attitude within a diverse and multicultural environment, proactive working style, independent and goal-oriented way of working, good analytical skills and coordination skills. Customer orientation
Personality: High motivation and willingness to take responsibilities, self-standing personality, flexibility and ability to work under pressure. Availability for abroad assignments for short or medium periods as a nice-to-have.
The company reserves the right to evaluate the contractual formula for this position after the job interview (Temporary, Staff Leasing or Permanent contract)
Bosch is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or any other protected class.