Digital Manufacturing Engineer
- Via A. Marcuzzi 20, Fagagna, Udine, Italy
- Legal Entity: Freud S.p.A. Societa Unipersonale
At Bosch, we care; for you, our business, and our environment.
Let’s turn visions into reality. At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our areas of activity are every bit as diverse as our outstanding Bosch-teams around the world. Their creativity is the key to innovation through connected living, mobility or industry. Our responsibility goes far beyond ‘business’. We’re independent of stock markets and bound to the purpose of the Robert Bosch Foundation; our success directly benefits society, the environment, and future generations. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
Freud is the worldwide leader in the cutting tool industry. At Freud, we design and manufacture an extensive range of circular saw blades, cutterheads & brazed cutters, drilling, routing & CNC tools, with a unique in the world in-house production of all carbide components. Founded in 1962 in Italy, Freud is today part of the Bosch group.
Welcome to a place where your ideas lead to something big. Welcome to Bosch.
Descrizione del lavoro
Freud is seeking a Digital Manufacturing Engineer to be part of a team of engineers that is responsible for process design, development and maintenance through cutting edge technologies in an ever-changing environment.
You will join a team that make use of Industry 4.0 technologies and data analytics to support manufacturing in decision-making and process improvement. At Freud, we have a state-of-art MES collecting real-time data and, by giving meaning to it, we want to make data driven decisions and optimize operations.
- Support new and existing machinery and equipment integration to interface them with Freud Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and Enterprise IT system, to collect data into production databases
- Direct commitment in lean manufacturing projects, deploying MES functionality and data analytics to support manufacturing to achieve value stream targets according to continuous improvement techniques (Bosch Production System approach)
- Create intuitive dashboards and production data analysis using Business Intelligence tools (SQL and Power BI) to streamline business through implementation of data-driven manufacturing strategy, to increase transparency and support decision-making in daily management routines
- Networking with digital experts across Bosch Power Tools plants to cross learn / implement new and Standard solutions
- Implementation of secure & scalable manufacturing IT architecture and infrastructures for data stream and remote access according to Bosch IT Manufacturing security standards
- Bachelor / Master Degree in Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science
- Proficiency both in written and spoken Italian and English
- Multi-tasking ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- A passion and curiosity for data, systems and data driven decision making
- Strong computer and analytical skills
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of IIoT protocols, e.g., MQTT & OPC
- Understanding of industrial control systems (SCADA, PLC and/or other process control systems)
- Understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Programming languages: SQL/Python and knowledge of machine learning techniques