Research Engineer for AI solutions over knowledge graphs (f/m/div.)
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Over the last few years, Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) as one of the leading enterprise research centers for AI. We are a motivated global team with the mission to incubate, create and roll out AI solutions to Bosch. We work closely with domain experts on exciting Bosch problems for real world applications to transform Bosch into a knowledge-driven company.
We are looking for a Research Engineer to support our research team working on state-of-the-art AI solutions over knowledge graphs and neuro-symbolic research in an Enterprise setting. You will support us in software development activities for transferring our research results in real-world systems. Concretely, your tasks will include:
- Implementation, evaluation and integration of
- end-to-end AI solutions for knowledge graphs in the industrial context
- proof of concept prototype development for machine learning, analytics and exploration methods for knowledge graphs
- rule-based AI methods for combinatorial problems over knowledge graphs
- state-of-the-art neuro-symbolic AI methods over knowledge graphs
- Creation of clean, efficient, well-tested and well-documented code.
- Implementation support for ongoing research activities on neuro-symbolic AI: experiments, evaluation.
- Education: PhD or MSc in Neuro-symbolic AI, Knowledge Representation, Automated Reasoning or Machine Learning
- Personality: a formidable team player with a passion for creating beautifully written code, keen to learn new technologies and share knowledge while being able to work independently
- Working Practice: independently, motivated, goal-oriented and pro-active
- Experience and Knowledge:
- strong background and more than 3 years of experience in writing well-structured, maintainable and reliable code
- pofound skills in several programming languages, including Python, Java and/or C++
- ability to develop web services (rest APIs), user interfaces, and software tools and/or libraries
- enthusiastic about applying software development processes (e.g. agile software development)
- flexibility and knowledge dealing with different operation systems including Linux systems
- hands on experience with development and operation of machine-learning models, solution architecture of on-premises and cloud deployments
- hands on experience with ontologies, OWL, RDF data, triple stores, graph databases, SPARQL, and database management systems
- experience in development and implementation of state-of-the-art machine learning technologies (e.g., knowledge graph embedding methods) and with answer set programming
- experience with discrete/continuous optimization, with reasoning tools such as ontology/rule-based reasoners and with CD/CI and DevOps tooling, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Enthusiasm: for fully automated, tested, continuously deployed, and delivered services and you are a strong team player, highly self-motivated, interested in bringing latest research solutions into projects and services
- Languages: fluent in English
Please submit all relevant documents (CV, letter of motivation, certificates, and links to GitHub).
Take that challenge, be a part of this young and vibrant team and shape the future of AI at Bosch! We would like to welcome you.
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
You want to work remotely or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
Need further information about the job?
Dr. Daria Stepanova (Functional Department)