Senior Data Engineer for AI Enabling (f/m/div.)
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
In recent years, Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI), a world leading enterprise research center for artificial intelligence. In addition to cutting-edge research, the BCAI has the mission to enable Bosch employees in data-driven methods. For that purpose, BCAI’s Enabling team has developed an education portfolio to train engineers with different backgrounds in state-of-the-art data-driven technologies, such as distributed systems, databases, automated data pipelines, and data integration.
- As a Senior Data Engineering Trainer, you will contribute to the future of the Enabling Team. Your task will be to guide experienced Bosch engineers in adding the Data Engineering competency to their profile. To that end you will design and conduct trainings as well as exercises.
- You will assume a mentoring role in complex data engineering projects that have a significant impact on Bosch global business. In doing so, you will get a unique insight into the different business areas of Bosch.
- Being in this central role, you will have the opportunity to shape Bosch's global data strategy in various ways.
- To keep sharp, you will have the opportunity to work hands-on, be it on our own training infrastructure, or on different strategic projects.
What you bring to the table:
- Education: excellent degree (PhD/Master) in computer science, natural science, engineering or a related discipline
- Personality: excellent communication skills and drive to make a difference
- Experience and knowledge: teaching complex topics, Big Data concepts (e.g., data warehousing, data integration, metadata management, distributed systems, cloud computing, automation, etc.) and technologies (e.g., PostgreSQL, Spark, Kafka, Airflow, Kubernetes, etc.), general software engineering and programming
- Languages: fluent in English, German is a plus
How you'll benefit:
- We offer the opportunity to work from home. You may choose the amount of time you work from home freely. Our only condition is that you live in Germany while you work for us.
- You will enjoy a great deal of autonomy and we always welcome innovative initiatives.
- By the nature of our team's mission, your tasks and responsibilities will be quite diverse - no chance of getting bored.
Please add all relevant material to your application like a motivation letter and your certificates. Furthermore, feel free to add a link to any source code repository you might have.
Take that challenge and be a part of this young and vibrant team! We would like to welcome you as soon as possible. Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence!
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
Need further information about the job?
Martin Thomas (Functional Department)