Quality Assurance Engineer
- Avenida Robert Bosch, Cd Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch Sistemas Automotrices, S.A. de C.V.
Bosch was founded in Stuttgart in 1886 by Robert Bosch (1861-1942) and for more than 130 years has been distinguished by a unique corporate culture based on solid values that drive us to improve every day. Our products, present in a wide variety of fields, that contribute to improve the quality of life of millions of people.
- Interface to external customers regarding product quality (one voice to customer)
- Quality assurance for new product launches to achieve product quality targets
- Responsible for assurance of product quality (raw material to shipping)
- Process confirmation to maintain/improve product quality for series production & assure compliance
- Responsible of customer claims process and initiate improvement plans
- Control of handling of non-conforming material and disposition
Duties in Value Stream (80%):
- Process Confirmation, Audits & CIP
- Look and see “GEMBA”
- Lead & Coordinate customer quality visits within VS
- Participate in the ALR revision meeting (LS, MQE) to determine quality risk of production before shipment to customer.
- Participate in the Q-basics audits in the VS.
- VS Quality compliance officer (4-eyes) i.e. APQP, PPAP, Workstation release process etc.
Reporting / Communication
- Keep VS informed about Quality audit results, progress of the status open/closed non-conformities. Provide report regularly in VS meetings.
- Participate actively the VS Daily Management, provide regular status of Q-KPI’s and PSW approval status.
- Escalate on time deviations on Quality Process/Products
Non-conforming material control-coordination
- Initial review of concessions to initiate approval process in e-works: Deviation of standard, Risk Assessment, Time frame, Customer information etc. Tracking and Follow-up open/close/quantities. Inform the VS organization of concession status.
Customer Claims Handling
- Confirmation of effective containment (supplier until customer premises)
- Confirm effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Ensure 8D process
- Tracks the 8D progress to achieve claim closure in less than 60 days or according to customer requirement.
- CRI Reduction related to S&C’s: Analyze trends & events in order to kick-off activities with responsible departments.
Duties in QMM “Functional Excellence” (20%):
Leadership / CptM
- Serves as a coach for new engineers
- Supervise shop floor auditors & technicians
- Follow Quality BOSCH CD0’s, AE-Directives, DMD’s and JuP1 Procedures.
- Knowledge and compliance of customer requirements.
- Initiates CIP process reviews and leads procedures and instruction updates for the area.
- Expert in the use of Quality tools (Quality Gates, Problem solving techniques, Product and Process Audits, EWS, ALR and QAM).
- Active participation and support to reach safety, quality and environmental plant goals.
Advanced English Required**
+2 years of professional experience in manufacturing or quality, preferably in automotive industry incl. customer contact.
- Substantial product and manufacturing process knowledge, APQP, PPAP, XFMEA, MSA, SPC, IATF 16949
- Problem Solving Methods (8D, Fishbone, 5xWhy, 6Sigma/Shainin, ...)
- Customer Requirements/ Customer B2B portals
Communication/negotiation skills, high initiative, independent style of working, structured & analytical approach, accountability/ reliability.
Bosch is constantly expanding its international presence, since for us cultural diversity represents one of our greatest strengths. We are continuously promoting the growth of our more than 13,000 associates, who develop their full potential in one of the highest quality companies in technology. We value the balance between personal and work life as one of the main tools to improve the creativity and productivity of our associates.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.