Group Leader Machine-learning based Prediction and Planning Models (f/m/div.)
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) is the main hub for AI research and technology development across Bosch. With a diverse team of international specialists, we develop cutting-edge AI technologies to be deployed across Bosch products and solutions. Artificial intelligence technologies are impacting Bosch’s products and services in many domains: Manufacturing, Engineering, Autonomous driving, Supply Chain Management and Intelligent Services, etc.
- Right from day one you lead an international research group consisting of post-doc level machine learning (ML) scientists, engineers, and PhD students in the field of machine-learning research for behavior prediction and planning. You shape research agendas in exciting areas for ML-based behavior prediction and planning, such as imitation learning, reinforcement learning, and dynamics modeling, with applications in automated driving applications.
- Together with our partners at BCAI and Bosch business units you drive the industrialization of ML-based planning and prediction methods within the vast spectrum of AI-based products at Bosch, ranging from automated driving, robotics, building technologies, to consumer electronics and manufacturing.
- You work with our excellent network of academic partners worldwide.
- Last but not least you shape your team´s culture and identity, and support professional and personal development of your team members.
- Education: excellent PhD in machine learning (preferrably in reinforcement learning, deep learning, or probabilistic models) with focus on behavior prediction and planning, dynamics modeling and imitation learning, especially in the automated driving or robotics domain
- Personality: self-confident, responsible, team player and professional speaking and communication skills across all hierarchy levels and to different target audience
- Experience and knowledge: several years of experience in leading an academic or industrial research team in relevant research domains, in particular automated driving or robotics, product oriented experience in real-world commercial applications of machine learning, preferrably transfer of research results into products
- Qualifications: proven leadership skills, e.g. academic group leader or industry leadership experience
- Enthusiasm: motivated to work in and guide an interdisciplinary as well as international team
- Languages: excellent English skills (spoken and written)
Help us Boosting Bosch with AI.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence in just 3 minutes! https://www.bosch-ai.com/
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. motivation letter, curriculum vitae, certificates of all degrees).
You want to work remotely or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
Need further information about the job?
Michael Pfeiffer (Functional Department)