Research Engineer for Smart Data Selection and Augmentation in Deep Learning (f/m/div.)
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) is the main hub for AI research and technology development across Bosch. With a diverse team of international specialists, we develop cutting-edge AI technologies to be deployed across Bosch products and solutions. Artificial intelligence technologies are impacting Bosch’s products and services in many domains: Manufacturing, Engineering, Autonomous driving, Supply Chain Management and Intelligent Services, etc.
We conduct research on state-of-the-art deep learning and generative models that are used to enable real-world Bosch systems to be data-efficient and safe. We are looking for a research engineer to support us both in academic research activities and in transferring those results to real-world systems. Concretely, your tasks will include:
- Develop and prototype novel approaches for smart data curation for deep learning (DL) models. In particular, focusing on smart data augmentation and data selection techniques, which help to improve data-efficiency and generalization ability of DL models.
- Support the rapid transfer from research prototypes into products. Participate and drive the development of our software architecture for deep learning research and application.
- Ensure high coding quality for research assets to facilitate transfer to industrialization partners.
- Be part of applying our data curation tools to a large variety of applications within Bosch.
- Education: excellent degree (PhD or Master) in Computer Science, or related field
- Personality: a strong team player with a passion for tackling challenging research problems
- Experience and Knowledge: strong background and several years of experience in DL and its applications to perception problems, such as computer vision, knowledge and experience on generative modelling and/or active learning is desired, profound skills in several programming languages, including Python, fluency in working with DL frameworks, such as PyTorch or TensorFlow, experience in collaborative software development, know-how on modern CI/CD pipelines and cloud infrastructure is a plus
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken)
Help us boosting Bosch with AI.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (https://www.bosch-ai.com)
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, motivation letter, certificates).
You want to work remotely or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
Need further information about the job?
Anna Khoreva (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 -46129