Electrical Panel Designer
- 2315 City Line Rd, Bethlehem, PA 18017, USA
- Legal Entity: Bosch Rexroth Corporation
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch!
Bosch Rexroth is the world leader in the drive, motion, and control technologies that power today’s most advanced machines and manufacturing systems. We combine a passion for solving your complex engineering challenges with unmatched applications expertise across a broad range of industries and automation systems. Our proven machine and complete line of automation products equip you to build and operate machinery that is engineered to the highest levels of energy efficiency, productivity, flexibility and long-term value.
The panel designer role combines knowledge of electronics, AutoCAD, and electrical standards to design and draft electrical control panels, using system architecture and guidance of an electrical engineering team member. The ideal candidate has demonstrated knowledge of electronics, AutoCAD Electrical, industrial panel exposure and familiarity with the National Electrical code (NEC). Knowledge gaps will be closed using a combination of in-house and formal training. Compensation band commensurate with applicable incoming skills and experience.
- Complete the design specification of control system hardware (PLCs and/or HMI), safety systems, motor control equipment initiated by engineering
- Document resulting panel and conductor designs in AutoCAD Electrical, as schematics, and general arrangement drawings.
- Responsible for designing cost efficient and technically sound electrical systems according to customer and in-house specifications
- Assist Sales & Engineering in the review of customer specifications prior to quotation, including design time estimates as well as conceptual designs
- Oversee/implement documentation processes within project team
- Generate design releases and final production bills of materials
- Support in-house systems' testing
- Generate Engineering Change Notifications when necessary
- Responsible for meeting project time and budget requirements
- Assist personnel from other departments or outside vendors in proper specification or interpretation of materials or work instructions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to meet deadlines
- Maintain Company drafting standards for self and other CAD users
- Archive and maintain version control of drawings, Bills-of-materials, and other project documentation as required
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- Minimum Associate in Applied Science degree in electronics, electrical technology or electromechanical technology, OR 4 years of experience in appropriate field with demonstrated skills (i.e. Panel Designer, Electrical Code Examiner, etc).
- Ability to read, understand industrial electrical/electronic schematics
- Domestic and some international travel required to customer sites for meetings, technical reviews; less than 20%
- Maintain well-organized design files in accordance with department and company procedures
- Knowledge of drafting software (i.e. AutoCAD, EPlan)
- Good knowledge of the application of computers, Windows OS, etc
- Good organizational, interpersonal, and English communication skills, both verbal and written
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.