Information technology (IT) Trainee
- Carrer de Rosselló i Porcel, 21, 08016 Barcelona, Spain
- Legal Entity: Bosch Service Solutions, S.A.U.
We are a Bosch company but we do not produce tangible objects such as DIY tools or car parts. Service is our product. We provide services and complex technology driven solutions in the area Business Process Outsourcing, and this makes us unique in the Bosch world. Put simply: We take over some operations from other companies and run these for them, allowing them to focus on their core business.
We do so using future oriented technologies such as RPA, cognitive robotics or artificial intelligence. We work with leading companies from the automotive, travel, tourism, building and telecommunications sectors across the world as well as other Bosch units.
What we do?
We complement any product with a solid service delivered 24/7 across all channels or design new service models, optimally fitted to the needs of end-customers. We ensure that each interaction with end-users is as smooth and efficient as possible, so that products or brands leave a lasting positive impression.
The list of our services is truly endless. To name just a few: We save lives with our back-to-back management of eCall in cars, monitor international cargo, get people out of broken-down elevators, manage social media interactions, run the IT hotline for Bosch or simply are the voice of customer service or technical support.
We in the Bosch Group
As part of the Bosch group, we operate in one of its four main business areas – the Building and Energy Technologies unit. There is a historical reason for it. We used to be part of Bosch Security Systems (producer of security hardware and security solutions). For them we managed for e.g. on-going product maintenance or the emergency and monitoring call center.
We were responsible for contacts with clients and third parties (e.g. technicians). We specialized in the service around the security product, which laid the ground for becoming a Bosch unit in its own right, specializing in service and Customer Experience.
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the change to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch Service Solutions.
We are looking for our new IT trainee to join our local IT team in Barcelona (Spain) and learn how we are providing solutions to the needs of our diverse and remote workforce.
To be successful in the role, you will need to have a positive, will-do attitude with a true passion to take ownership of finding the best solution for our employees.
If you have an interest in learning more about an IT/Helpdesk role in a customer focused, international and multilingual environment, you have came to the right place!
As an IT Intern at Bosch Service Solutions in Barcelona, your main functions will be:
- Support in Service Desk under processes adjusted to ITIL
- Participate in hardware installation and configuration activities.
- Participate in the installation and configuration of software in a distributed way: Active Directory and specific tools.
- Participate in the installation and configuration of network devices: TCP / IP Structured Cabling, switches. Support in the implementation of IT projects
- Work together with the local IT team to provide technical support to the Operations department.
- Contribute to the global IT goals for Bosch Service SOlutions.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate IT or related degree program.
- Fluency in Spanish (C1 Level) is required. Multiple language capability is desirable. Fluency in English will be a big plus.
- Candidates must be available to work full time (39 Hours per Week), Monday to Friday, from 08:30 to 17:30. Candidates must be available for a five-six months internship.
- Candidates can work remotely but must be based in Barcelona, for internal meetings, trainings and other events.
- Valid EU working permit, and NIE number is also required.
- Ability to prioritize and accommodate changes
- Knowledge of Office Package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
What we offer:
- Be a part of our international network and profit from the diverse opportunities of a global employer: Training and internal growth opportunities
- Internship allowance of 800€ gross per month.
- Our working environment is fun, rewarding and offers room for creativity.
Impress us with your competence, personality, and commitment, and you'll be able to set out on a new career path. It is your expertise, commitment, and experience which makes our services "Invented for life" and sparks enthusiasm in our customers.
Discover new directions and apply now
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.