Data Scientist - Time Series Analysis & Forecasting (f/m/div.)
- Robert-Bosch-Campus 1, 71272 Renningen, Germany
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch GmbH
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.
The Robert Bosch GmbH is looking forward to your application!
Over the last few years, Bosch has established the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (BCAI) as one of the leading enterprise research centers for artificial intelligence (AI). The Applied Machine Learning (ML) team is one part of the BCAI with the mission to build and roll out AI solutions to Bosch.
Time series data is inevitable almost in any modern area of business such as controlling, logistics, resource and capacity planning, marketing etc. Recent advances in forecasting methodology, combining classical statistical methods with state-of-the-art ML models, as demonstrated by M4 and M5 competitions, bring the attainable quality of forecasts to a whole new dimension, further increasing even more the importance of time series forecasting for business departments and making this one of the most rapidly developing and exciting areas of work. In our time series projects, we unite recent advances from Big Data and Machine Learning with close collaboration with domain experts on real-world applications to transform Bosch into a data-driven company
- Shape the future: As data scientist you will translate business needs into technical solutions and develop advanced ML models including statistical approaches for the analysis of large-scale and high-dimensional data on the area of time series analysis and forecasting. You will have direct impact on new and exciting AI solutions that will change Bosch products and processes.
- Take responsibility: You will stay up-to-date with latest research and technology trends to build state-of-the-art machine learning/deep learning models. You will review code written by others for critical feedback. You will be responsible for the modelling process from raw data to deployment ready models for production.
- Professionalism: In addition you will collaborate with domain experts and engineering teams. You will share knowledge by clearly articulating results and ideas through presentations and reports to customers, teammates, and key stakeholders. Several business trips to Bosch locations per year are common.
Help us boosting Bosch with AI.
Apply today at the Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence (https://www.bosch-ai.com)
- Education: excellent degree (PhD or Master) in computer science, mathematics, physics, econometrics or related field with strong background in machine learning (ML) or deep learning (DL)
- Personality: keen to learn new technologies and share knowledge, a team player with strong analytical and problem solving skills, eager to take on responsibility
- Working Practice: independently, motivated, goal-oriented and pro-active.
- Experience and Know-how: PhD with first professional experience or Master with several years of professional experience, excellent communication and documentation skills, experience in mentoring junior colleagues, proven expertise in time series forecasting as well as in at least one of the following fields: neural networks, generalized linear models, recommendation systems, statistics, latent variable models, clustering and anomaly detection, demonstrated experience in working with ML/DL frameworks (e.g. scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, R's forecast package), publications at major conferences or journals are highly appreciated, proficiency in Python (especially in such libraries as Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, statsmodels) and R, familiarity with other programming languages and technologies relevant for Data Science, e.g. SQL, Spark, Dask, C/C++, is highly appreciated, you are a confident user of Linux command line, hands-on experience with Hadoop and/or GPU clusters as well as Azure Cloud or other cloud technologies is a big plus
- Languages: fluent in English (written and spoken)
Please submit all relevant documents (incl. curriculum vitae, certificates, link to GitHub Repository or code sample).
Apply now in just 3 minutes!
You want to work remotely or part-time - we offer great opportunities for mobile working as well as different part-time models. Feel free to contact us.
Need support during your application?
Michael Streitmayer (Human Resources)
+49 711 811 33306
Need further information about the job?
Anton Iakovlev (Functional Department)
+49 711 811 29230