Senior DevOps Engineer
- 384 Santa Trinita Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
- Legal Entity: Robert Bosch LLC
The Bosch Center for Artificial Intelligence provides services in AI technologies to Bosch’s business units and plants. Artificial intelligence technologies are impacting Bosch’s products and services in many domains: manufacturing, predictive maintenance, vehicle diagnostics, supply chain, large-scale simulations, etc. This is a technical position for someone who is skilled at bringing together disparate technologies to solve business problems.
Our team is responsible for streaming Bosch data to centralized analytics platforms and building machine learning applications for a wide variety of Bosch engineering and research groups.
We are looking for a talented DevOps engineer who is passionate about building fault-tolerant machine learning services and analytics tools in the public cloud environments. Your work will be used by hundreds of Bosch engineers and have global impact by improving the quality and value of Bosch products.
- Contribute to architecture and technical decisions to onboard existing on-prem machine learning services and analytics tools to public cloud
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers to design and implement new cloud-native production services
- Build and operate core platform components used by multiple internal applications
- Stay current with the latest technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the enterprise
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- MS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years of experience designing and operating systems on a public cloud platform
- Expertise in developing software with containerized deployment and orchestration technologies at scale, with strong knowledge of the fundamentals including service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing
- Extensive experience with Python and Go
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience shipping software products
- In depth understanding of relational database systems (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, MS SQLServer)
- Experience with various messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ, is a plus
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark), is a plus
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.